ICV6 to Apex-Gyre

Discussion in 'Maxspect' started by paphater, May 8, 2018.

1. Kyl

Kyl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

We're asking about the ICV6 <> Apex 2016/EL support. Is that ever going to materialize, like has been demo'd the past two MACNA's in the Apex booth?

2. Burrito

Burrito Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

yes, like ecotech, i just need 1 module and i can have a ton of ecotech gear on apex controllers. on the AI lights and some other products you dont need ANY modules anymore and it integrates through IOTA. will maxspect support this in the (near) future?

3. csmaxspect

csmaxspect Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hi Please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you.
    CoralVue Support Portal

4. csmaxspect

Hi thanks for your support. It is still under development.

5. csmaxspect

Hi Thanks for your support, it is also still under development.

6. Kyl

Thank you

7. Kevin T

Kevin T Member

Well gang, bad news. After chatting with Maxspect, I was advised to open a support ticket with CoralVue. Carlos responded and said that they have no interest at all in Apex integration via ICV6, and sent me a link to a video of their upcoming Hydros Wave Engine. The engine will replace both the advanced controller and ICV6, but the price point is a bit too steep for my use case. Bummer :(

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...eefapalooza-orlando-2019.586136/#post-5959171

8. Kyl

CoralVue has nothing to do with Maxspect gyre development, they're the NA distributor and warranty point only. Maxspect.com (China) is the only source for actual product development, and we know ICV6 support for Apex is in the works because it's been demo'd for two consecutive years at MACNA, albiet not with gyre functionality.

And I should clarify, if you're talking Maxspect US, or on facebook, they are from what I gather the US marketer only. They redirect all requests to coralvue as the distributor and warranty contact.

9. Kevin T

Kevin T Member

This conversation began with Maxspect China, who referred me to CoralVue. If those aren’t the folks to believe, I’m not sure who is!

10. Kevin T

Kevin T Member

Oops, double post.

11. Kyl

Communication isn't their strong suite, I will give you that (I pulled teeth for 350 vs 250 information before the general release). @csmaxspect is official, and has stated a couple posts above that it is under works fwiw.

12. Kevin T

Kevin T Member

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I tried to reach out. I spoke with Terrance of Apex last month, who referred me to Maxspect....

I do hope they’re still working it, having to unplug the battery backup from the advanced controller to feed the fish is getting old. I guess I could start feed mode from Syna-G, and configure Apex to leave the gyres alone for its feed programming, but that’s still more steps (.1%er problem...I know ;) ).

Draft saved Draft deleted