ICV6 to Apex-Gyre

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for your support. Apex Connection is available via Coralvue's GIM(Gyre Interface Module) in the present.
We're asking about the ICV6 <> Apex 2016/EL support. Is that ever going to materialize, like has been demo'd the past two MACNA's in the Apex booth?

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, like ecotech, i just need 1 module and i can have a ton of ecotech gear on apex controllers. on the AI lights and some other products you dont need ANY modules anymore and it integrates through IOTA. will maxspect support this in the (near) future?

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're asking about the ICV6 <> Apex 2016/EL support. Is that ever going to materialize, like has been demo'd the past two MACNA's in the Apex booth?
Hi thanks for your support. It is still under development.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, like ecotech, i just need 1 module and i can have a ton of ecotech gear on apex controllers. on the AI lights and some other products you dont need ANY modules anymore and it integrates through IOTA. will maxspect support this in the (near) future?
Hi Thanks for your support, it is also still under development.

Kevin T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well gang, bad news. After chatting with Maxspect, I was advised to open a support ticket with CoralVue. Carlos responded and said that they have no interest at all in Apex integration via ICV6, and sent me a link to a video of their upcoming Hydros Wave Engine. The engine will replace both the advanced controller and ICV6, but the price point is a bit too steep for my use case. Bummer :(

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...eefapalooza-orlando-2019.586136/#post-5959171

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue has nothing to do with Maxspect gyre development, they're the NA distributor and warranty point only. Maxspect.com (China) is the only source for actual product development, and we know ICV6 support for Apex is in the works because it's been demo'd for two consecutive years at MACNA, albiet not with gyre functionality.

And I should clarify, if you're talking Maxspect US, or on facebook, they are from what I gather the US marketer only. They redirect all requests to coralvue as the distributor and warranty contact.

Kevin T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This conversation began with Maxspect China, who referred me to CoralVue. If those aren’t the folks to believe, I’m not sure who is!

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Communication isn't their strong suite, I will give you that (I pulled teeth for 350 vs 250 information before the general release). @csmaxspect is official, and has stated a couple posts above that it is under works fwiw.

Kevin T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I tried to reach out. I spoke with Terrance of Apex last month, who referred me to Maxspect....

I do hope they’re still working it, having to unplug the battery backup from the advanced controller to feed the fish is getting old. I guess I could start feed mode from Syna-G, and configure Apex to leave the gyres alone for its feed programming, but that’s still more steps (.1%er problem...I know ;) ).

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want 2 x 350s for my 125g build, but Not having apex compatibility without going crazy on $$.. I'm having second thoughts now. Mp40s are starting to good again.

purp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any update on this ? ICV6 apex makes way too much sense for this new "advanced controller" nonsense.

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much but rumours.
It doesn't seem likely however. Coralvue seems to be pushing the Hydros Wave Engine. I dont know how interconnected Maxspect is with the Hydros, if at all. But if they are, an interface with Neptune would kill sales of the Hydros Wave Engine. This is nothing but my opinion. Or just another rumour ;Bored. I do hope I'm wrong.

purp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed support, and again

"Unfortunately the manufacturer has no plans on making the APEX and ICV6 compatible. As far as we know there have been no public demonstrations of both working together. "

This sucks.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed support, and again

"Unfortunately the manufacturer has no plans on making the APEX and ICV6 compatible. As far as we know there have been no public demonstrations of both working together. "

This sucks.

Well at least they are now actually forthcoming with the true plan....vote with your dollars accordingly is all I can say, I know I will be.

purp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seriously. Im going to unload all these and just go with ecotechs. total waste of time and money.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • None.

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%
Back