ID and a Question

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture 023.jpg
ok this is the best pic i have of him. my question he recently fell over a little bit and it went unoticed and i looked today and the piece under the rock but not toching is still open an alive but the piece thats touched as the little worm like tenticles hundres posibly thousand almost looks like a tiny spider web when i gently applied pressure to the coral i found that all of them were infact attached to the rock so fear of dameging the coral i left it alone and today the area that was attached has increased and no damge to report on the coral. watchs going on it this an encrusting coral? and i was told the it is aggresive but the only way hey can kil another coral is if he falls agenst it or grows into it i just have no idea

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if its trying to encrust the rock its agest honestly it ataching sideways almost and i think if it ecrusts the rock when it starts ill remove the zoas because it would look amazing it it did lol it would look kinda lick a rhino horn. turn the pic sideways and image i round rock the size of yourfist being eacruted with this sticking off the side

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that you say that that has to be it i remeber the guy saying it was a hydrophora its just been so long lol you lose track

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back