ID needed for Mushroom Coral

multsh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
57
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I purchased a mushroom coral frag a few weeks ago, and they weren't sure of species but assured me mushrooms were safe with seahorses. Happened to find out that there's an elephant ear mushroom they could potentially eat a seahorse and fish. Looking online there were some that seemed to kind of look like it. Can anyone say for sure which species of mushroom coral this is and if seahorse safe? Thanks!
20200423_134725.jpg
20200423_134739.jpg


20200423_134739.jpg
 
Platyzoanthus mussoides. I have one in my tank but I have never had any trouble with it.

It is known to eat very small fish, but I highly doubt it will eat a seahorse. It is not like it immediately traps anything that is resting on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new