ID please No idea what could be

  • Thread starter Thread starter michellem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

michellem

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
25
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this on my tank for about 1 1/2 month
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1465007269.290156.jpg
 
If enough nutrients are present most algae types can become invasive.
 
Kind of looks like Red Valonia
yea hard to tell from the angle if its valonia. Red bubble algae. Hopefully not. Most algaes with exess nutrients can be dealt with fairly easily. If its red valonia you probably want to take it out of the tank entirely before dealing with it. Ie peroxide dip. gentle removal and dont pop the bubble.
 
I have this on my tank for about 1 1/2 month
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1465007269.290156.jpg
It's hard to see the shape from the angle if they're bubbles it looks like red calurpa. I can't tell if they are disc shaped or rounded. I'll post a pic or my red calurpa. I keep it in both my tanks. My glass needs cleaning (today but later) !
image.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new