ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Curly01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Curly01

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
43
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this live rock to help cycle my tank and it has this coral on it. Can someone tell me what it is. I was thinking a Xenia at first but not sure. Thank you IMG_1710.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1705.mov
    11.3 MB
I think you’re right with Xenia
 
Based on the video, it definitely looks like a variety of Pulsing Xenia. I don't know that it's as invasive as normal xenia, and if it grows stalks then it may not spread quickly at all. I have some Red Sea Pulsing Xenia and so far it's been a slow grower, though it can definitely vary from tank to tank.
 
Based on the video, it definitely looks like a variety of Pulsing Xenia. I don't know that it's as invasive as normal xenia, and if it grows stalks then it may not spread quickly at all. I have some Red Sea Pulsing Xenia and so far it's been a slow grower, though it can definitely vary from tank to tank.
Thank you. I probably won’t keep it then. It wasn’t on my plan to have for my tank anyways
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new