ID Please

sotsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
197
Reaction score
107
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has an almost orange head and semi clear tubular body. On base of mushroom frag in the shade. Retracted when I picked frag up.
2AB6BAE0-960C-4E4C-991F-90FCA1FCBB4E.jpeg
 
Can you get some white light whould be helpful.
 
Vermetid snail.
 
Vermetid snail.
Harmful? And I’m not sure if it’s a snail because the body is like a skeleton maybe attached to the rock.
 
Vermetid's attach to all sorts of things and stay put. I had 2 on one of my Trochus snails. In a year, they never reproduced. They feed by extruding a "fishing line" of mucous, and reeling in detritus and left-over fish food. The "lines" can irritate corals, but they are relatively benign. I've seen a few in my new set-up that came in on new rock, but as they mature it appears my Tail-spot Blenny is fond of munching on them. Some report them taking over a tank and being very difficult to get rid of. That has not been my experience to date.
 
I’ll go with @KJ he is right more times than not. I can’t remember him being wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new