ID this chalice?

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The piece I have is medium-pink with a hint of lavender, orange tones forming around the eyes on one side. Light blue edging, eyes lime-green-ish yellow. It's a standard Echinophyllia with eyes, not the big bumps (though there is a bit of a bump around each mouth, not much) but like the growth form of Mummy Eyes and some Watermelons.

Looks like this one but with a flatter growth form, like a disc (ro maybe that's just grown onto the edge of the rock) but the main difference is no green rim. The eyes are mostly about a half-inch apart, some a little father. Center eye is an inch apart from the others.

I'll try to get a good pic, but until then, any ideas?

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks A LOT like this as far as the eyes (DEAD-ON) but there is no green in the body, just pink-lavender, and instead of that neon green edging, it has light-blue around the rim.

Photo credit to Zoomanchoo.

PICT0134-1.jpg

I

inactive

View Badges
Either way it is a nice looking species. I'm sure colors like that can fetch a decent dollar per eye if that's what you are looking for. I would love to see a picture of it under some RB Q4's.

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait'll I get my Phoenix 14,000K. It'll be awesome. Looked great under the T5's at the shop.

Was just wondering so I could cut a frag or two and price them properly, to help balance what I paid for it... :D

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get pics when I get my Phoenix. Photos look like crap under these PC's (...blasphemy, I know, but it's all in a temp. 5 gallon, a little small for halide LOL).

I

inactive

View Badges
Always would have you sillygoose! <3

I'd def buy a piece of that chalice as well.

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, "silly goose". ¡Ganzo! ;) <3

So yeah, I'll get some pics up in like a week or so; it'll take that long to get the bulb. Thing is, the edging is light blue, not green, so not a watermelon, I guess...?

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, K, did I admit on NR you have nice stuff in your tank? I think I did. I remember it looking alive n' stuff too. LOL!--sorry, that's the best I can recall. :NRflower:

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooh, I just got a rainbow version of this exact species/subspecies/growth-form today!

Also, I'm gonna need some of these. What do you charge for 'em when/if you do sell em? And dint you say you have Nightmare palys or something?

OP
OP
C

Caesar777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG LOVE THIS ONE! What's it called? It's almost like the inverse of mine, haha... pink and blue but switched. (Though mine has the yellow-green eyes and orange rings around some of them, as mentioned.)

I

inactive

View Badges
Montastrea, Blue Hornets and "Lich King" Favia from awcasper in order of pictures you listed.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back