Id this crab

Angelos

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
greece
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help me identify this crab, it came on a zoa colony

IMG_9259.jpeg IMG_9258.jpeg
 
Hard to say, it blurs out when I zoom in. @ISpeakForTheSeas is going to need a closer view, put white paper towel in a shallow bowl, put it in and take a close up. Like I said I’m having trouble seeing but it doesn’t have the black tips at the end of it’s pincers like a gorilla crab and the end looks similar to an emerald crab used for pulling algae.
 
If you like a good id, get a better picture against a white background preferably.
I would stay on the safe side and put it in the sump if you have one and If not I would just get rid of it. Even the crabs that are commonly kept in this hobby are sometimes not reef safe so I would just err on the side of caution.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new