ID

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this. I am an infrequent user. Just wondering if anyone knows what type of fish this is. I think it was sold to me as a blenny maybe. Looks alot like my dragonette minus the coloring.
20201212_161700.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A cousin to the mandarin also eats pods but unlike mandarin will eat other small live foods and certain frozen prepared foods

OP
OP
westmichigan

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. That looks like the one. Does that mean that the blenny will not take kindly to a mandarin, or vise versa? My mandarin is in a different tank and I don't plan on moving it. Just wondering if they would attack each other if I did or if they were different enough to not bother each other.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. That looks like the one. Does that mean that the blenny will not take kindly to a mandarin, or vise versa? My mandarin is in a different tank and I don't plan on moving it. Just wondering if they would attack each other if I did or if they were different enough to not bother each other.
They can live together just fine. Do you know the sex of your mandarin? If the blenny and mandarin are different sexes or they’re both female then it will be much smoother. The issue lies in making sure both have enough to eat as they will eat massive amounts of pods throughout the day. Only a large, mature system will be able to support both without a lot of extra effort from you

OP
OP
westmichigan

westmichigan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can live together just fine. Do you know the sex of your mandarin? If the blenny and mandarin are different sexes or they’re both female then it will be much smoother. The issue lies in making sure both have enough to eat as they will eat massive amounts of pods throughout the day. Only a large, mature system will be able to support both without a lot of extra effort from you
I have a male and female dragonet in another tank. I am not trying to move the blenny in with them. I was just curious as I had not noticed how close in resemblance they are. I thought maybe it was another dragonet and It was mislabeled when I purchased it.

Back