Idaho Grape placement?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first ever frag and am not exactly sure of placement, nor how to go about attaching it to my rock. I'm running LED's. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Here's the frag.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420035339.102759.jpg

Here's where I wish to put it. The Birds Nest is no longer on this rock.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420035412.758110.jpg

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nana the caps/undata I have all seem to prefer lower light and higher flow-and they tend to bleach in a heartbeat if they don,t like -keep a eye out for pe if you do not see in a couple days you might want to move -once they get settled in look out- growth is fast and furious they will shade a large area quickly keep that in mind for future coral placement

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not seen any polyps on this frag yet. Should I? It's still on the rack and I've been acclimating it to the lights for almost 2wks. All other corals are doing great.
How should I go about attaching it to the rock? Should I put it on a frag plug, in case I need to move it?

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it on a tile or plug make moving it easier, you should see some pe by now-imo the darker caps are the most difficult to make happy maybe true deepwater animals-my green and pink caps no problems pe within a day or two of placement-the ora purple months of moving before any pe very slow to acclimate-I,m not going to be much help on this maybe we will have some monti masters chime in

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually glued mine high up on the overflow in my 180. It is growing great. I'm using radions for lighting. I recommend med-high placement and med-high flow.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was on a disk, and I glued the disk to the wall with ecotech's frag glue, but super glue gel should work too. If yours is on a plug, I'd pop off the stem and glue it, or pop off the frag and glue it directly (I have another monti that I glued directly with no disk or plug.

NanoFever

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya just glue it with some type or coral glue and it will spread like crazy. I love plating monti's just be careful as it will shade everything below

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of attaching it to my overflow box but I'm concerned about the eventual weight of the coral adding pressure to the box. Yeah I went all there-lol. So maybe I'll just add it to the rock :) Thank you guys!

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!!! Any pe yet? I have mine on a rock low in the tank next to overflow. It has attached itself to it on its own and now creeping up.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.1%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back