Ideas on floating aquascape

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
Not completely floating but somewhat raised aquascape with small foot print at the bottom.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Thakki

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
Its looks stunning...I wanted to know how to get it done without compromising the balance and safety of the tank bottom. Are those huge pieces of rock glued together or one huge piece?

Demmelition4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Its looks stunning...I wanted to know how to get it done without compromising the balance and safety of the tank bottom. Are those huge pieces of rock glued together or one huge piece?
Thank you. Glued together with marco rock cement, was actually pretty easy to do. I also used some black zip ties too.

OP
Thakki

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
How is the bottom of the rock balanced to stand straight?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Demmelition4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
just rocks going out on the side that makes it balanced and I think having it in a couple inches of sand helps too. I was amazed at how easy it was yo make it balanced

OP
Thakki

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
How long does the Marco rock cement take to cure? I will be working with live rock...so probably won't have time to cure the cement glue.

OP
Thakki

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like a lot of work. If I were to go with dry rocks...I would have done with this...but too late now .

Corals.com
OP
Thakki

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
That's really nice...what's supporting that base on one end?

Saltyanimals

View Badges
Reaction score
That's a great idea with the branches. Gives it plenty of holes for plugs. Great looking tank! How long has it been up?

Corals.com
OP
Thakki

Thakki

View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome looking scape...what are the dimensions of the tank?

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you. Glued together with marco rock cement, was actually pretty easy to do. I also used some black zip ties too.
Can you use the cement to be the main support for holding overhangs or is it just a reinforcer/bonder of already stacked rocks that stay still but just need added support?

Demmelition4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you use the cement to be the main support for holding overhangs or is it just a reinforcer/bonder of already stacked rocks that stay still but just need added support?
Honestly, I am not sure. I would contact them to see what they say. Mine is holding a ton on each side though. There is no way I could do anything like I have without them and it has gotten even heavier then when I first built it with all the SPS growing

Corals.com

Any special reefing plans for this week?

• Yes

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 12.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Chaos Aquaculture
Tunze