If you could live anywhere in the U.S.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a long drive to the Nashville International Airport. :p And that airport has direct flights from LAX. A delayed layover can mean life or death for fish in a box. ;)
Its a short drive to the HSV airport, which has both UPS and FedEx flights!

Just sayin....

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not that I have smelled and I grew up in a papermill town in Maine.. we are actually building a home east of Knoxville right now.. in Kodak, tn. very affordable there but a little far out for the airport.
Its a short drive to the HSV airport, which has both UPS and FedEx flights!

Just sayin....

HMMM.... More options to consider.

Carlos Danger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like kayaking, hiking, smokey mountains, lakes galore, water skiing, snow boarding or skiing in the winter, etc. come and see us up here in Meridian and Boise, Id. It was on Forbes top 10 places to live. You can get a 2500-3000 square ft house on a half acre or so for that much. Very affordable. I think the secrets been out for a while about this place. Our little hidden paradise has been found. Plus the Boise airport is a hop-skip away. Its a great place but I think everyone is figuring that out cause a lot of people from Cali are transplanting here. Good luck.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HMMM.... More options to consider.
Did I mention that the big paper mill that was around 30 miles away shut down?

Or that we are 2 hours closer to the beach than Nashville?

Or that I am a completely unbiased source of information? :rolleyes:

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Denver Colorado, best spot in the country. Voted #1 city in the country 2 years in a row. 350k+ for a home or less for a condo. Worth every penny. But never mind don't move here, too many people here already xD

Montu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can live anywhere ..I work from home 100 percent of the time and I choose to live in the Phoenix metro.

There are cheaper places...sure but I wanted affordability AND high median wages in case I needed to find another job.

Low crime and good schools were also top of my list ...and so I ended up in Gilbert AZ (2nd safest city in the US + many schools making the list for best schools in the country, best median income to cost of living ratio in the country)

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to school at Montana State In Bozeman. Greatest city I've ever lived in. I'd kill to b back there.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I mention that the big paper mill that was around 30 miles away shut down?

Or that we are 2 hours closer to the beach than Nashville?

Or that I am a completely unbiased source of information? :rolleyes:

You gonna quit your job and come help me when this business grows exponentially? ;) And then we gotta figure out a way to get Meredith to move there.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gonna quit your job and come help me when this business grows exponentially? ;) And then we gotta figure out a way to get Meredith to move there.
Umm.. probably not. But I'm sure we can send our wives on beach trips together to split the costs! :p

chris k.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Punta gorda, fl. We have Charlotte harbor for fishing. 30 min to gulf beaches. And fort Myers airport that is an international airport. Peace river and just a couple hours travel to Tampa and Orlando for reefapalooza.

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be partial but I love it in Des Moines IA, the changing seasons, friendly people and nice affordable housing and non stop flights to most destinations.

Patis55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try looking at North Idaho. Spokane International Airport is a hour away. Housing is great in your price range. Fishing, Boating, Hunting, Camping, Mountains,
No poisones snakes, gators, tornadoes, earthquakes, Sometimes a crapy winter but usually mild.

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your interested in the South, have you looked at Spartanburg/Greenville area of the Upstate in SC. It's an hour from Charlotte Airport and the homes are affordable. Plus plenty of lakes for fishing and it's close enough to the Smoky mountains for hiking trips, kayaking etc.

If your looking for something more beach friendly, have you considered the low country of SC?

I'm moving to Charleston area in June. Joe Knows Reefs is in Charleston County as well.

The homes are affordable especially in Summerville area. Columbia airport is about an hour from Summerville.

The beaches are wonderful, plenty of fishing, etc.

The best thing is the property taxes in SC, extremely low compared to many other states.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Southern Florida east or west coast. Hot as hades in the summer very nice during the winter months. So long as you're not too close to the water it's affordable.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just move to Pittsburgh. Super affordable, great sports teams, large international airport. What more could you want.

TonapahNorth

Reefed In
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in the same area as @4FordFamily ... I'll second his vote as far as nice area to live and affordable.

I also vote for Huntsville, AL. It's scenic and mild weathered enough. (Except for the occasional tornado). It's a very well educated populace with tremendous manufacturing, aero and military industry. nice COLA and close to my home area of Destin and the panhandle gulf coast. Best of all worlds imo.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just move to Pittsburgh. Super affordable, great sports teams, large international airport. What more could you want.

To not live in Pittsburgh. Huehuehuehue

I live in the same area as @4FordFamily ... I'll second his vote as far as nice area to live and affordable.

I also vote for Huntsville, AL. It's scenic and mild weathered enough. (Except for the occasional tornado). It's a very well educated populace with tremendous manufacturing, aero and military industry. nice COLA and close to my home area of Destin and the panhandle gulf coast. Best of all worlds imo.

Yeah but Birmingham is better lol. I do love Huntsville though. You forgot to mention they have great schools and the best reef scene in the state. It would be cool to be part of a city that's growing at a 7% clip every year. Negatives are that you're pretty far from any sports.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To not live in Pittsburgh. Huehuehuehue

Yeah but Birmingham is better lol. I do love Huntsville though. You forgot to mention they have great schools and the best reef scene in the state. It would be cool to be part of a city that's growing at a 7% clip every year. Negatives are that you're pretty far from any sports.

Hey! I'm in Birmingham as well... technically Moody, but still [emoji4] My little brother was born in Pittsburgh, but we live in Bham. Small world.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miami FL. You would be right on the ocean for diving, always warm weather, fair amount of fish stores. Plenty of descent paying jobs.

Although I can't complain where I'm at now. Aside from it being Wisconsin, and I need to drive forever to get to a LFS, I am almost dead nuts centered between Chicago and Milwaukee. Oh yea. I'm also driving distance from Divers den and walking distance from Adam @Battlecorals

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back