OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass cleaning. I do the outside, she does the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_1645.jpeg
    IMG_1645.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 78

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came right over during the water change today to see what I was doing. Still not interested in baby toys yet. We’ll get there!

Your activities appear to be highly suspect to her :thinking-face:

I did not notice a name for the octopus friend, and either way let her know she has a fan!!! If/When i ever have a species tank, this creature would be first on the list.

Cool Build and hello from a fellow Mainer,

B-Kind

Last edited:
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your activities appear to be highly suspect to him :thinking-face:

I did not notice a name for the octopus friend, and either way let him know he has a fan!!! If/When i ever have a species tank, this creature would be first on the list.

Cool Build and hello from a fellow Mainer,

B-Kind
it's a she and named Üter. I checked out all her arms and there's no hectocotlytus. tank size is recommended at 50 gallons but I have a 112 that can hold 150 with sump. Though that's not really true. Wanted to make sure I could get rid of waste etc...and not have to up the water changes. I know they don't live long but I think it's been by far worth it.

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's a she and named Üter. I checked out all her arms and there's no hectocotlytus. tank size is recommended at 50 gallons but I have a 112 that can hold 150 with sump. Though that's not really true. Wanted to make sure I could get rid of waste etc...and not have to up the water changes. I know they don't live long but I think it's been by far worth it.

I like the name, please give Uter tentacle a firm hand shake for me during the next feeding.

I saw the 50 gallon requirement :eek:.... But i usually double if not triple the requirement for most of my animals when possible. Its not a perfect system but i try to.

How long do they live for? I think it would be awesome to put a couple generations in a bigger tank, let them live out their lives then one day move back into the mixed reef game when im interested in more color!

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the name, please give Uter tentacle a firm hand shake for me during the next feeding.

I saw the 50 gallon requirement :eek:.... But i usually double if not triple the requirement for most of my animals when possible. Its not a perfect system but i try to.

How long do they live for? I think it would be awesome to put a couple generations in a bigger tank, let them live out their lives then one day move back into the mixed reef game when im interested in more color!
typically 2 years in the wild. you have no idea how old they are though and if they already mated. You could have one for a year by herself and suddenly have babies. The males die shortly after mating but the females live for about a month after mating. just till babies hatch.

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
typically 2 years in the wild. you have no idea how old they are though and if they already mated. You could have one for a year by herself and suddenly have babies. The males die shortly after mating but the females live for about a month after mating. just till babies hatch.
Geez reminds me of rats. Very smart critters with to short of a lifespan. Finding sudden babies towards the end of a females lifespan would be wild though,

Nature is neat

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She was really trying to engulf my whole finger. Oysters and thawed shrimp, snacks on free range snails. Doesn’t really seem to bother hermits much. Lives little crabs though. Any thoughts on direct crabs from ocean? ( Don’t want to bring in a disease.)

Attachments

• IMG_1702.jpeg
    IMG_1702.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1704.mov
    51.3 MB
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March 27th I tried to peppermint shrimp for the 4 Aiptasia. Both shrimp I found are still there this morning. (Aiptasia too).

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpeg
    IMG_1810.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1809.jpeg
    IMG_1809.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1782.jpeg
    IMG_1782.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that often the many brittle stars come out of the TBS rock. Saw one crawling across the bottom this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 37

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She kept acting weird then swimming away when my daughter was trying to feed her. then I looked at the picture…..Please remember to wear appropriate clothing when feeding!

"That googly-eyed creature seems highly suspect! But it keeps bringing me food...very confusing" Üter thought,

sugar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock is incredible. I don't know if I could get anything like it here in Canada.

That scape is awesome! I'm still not sure what to do for mine. Lots of caves and open spaces but it really depends on the rock pieces I have! I went with just the dry rock and will seed from my current tank but man, I just love the biodiversity you're getting. I don't know if I've seen anything like it yet.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March 27th I tried to peppermint shrimp for the 4 Aiptasia. Both shrimp I found are still there this morning. (Aiptasia too).
Do you think the aiptasia came from the TBS rock? looks like do did not add anything else...

I have used it in the past, thinking of seeding the tank with some rubble.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back