OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm how do you plan to feed the seahorses if you have fish competing for food?
They actually eat out of my hand haha. I hold the mysis and they grab onto the mangrove roots and peck as the food defrosts. I can't figure out how to get a video posted on here. I'm feeding 3-5 times a day as they grow. Once they're full adults, I usually cut back to 2-3 times a day.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_9476.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9477.jpeg
    IMG_9477.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 31

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They actually eat out of my hand haha. I hold the mysis and they grab onto the mangrove roots and peck as the food defrosts. I can't figure out how to get a video posted on here. I'm feeding 3-5 times a day as they grow. Once they're full adults, I usually cut back to 2-3 times a day.

That's great but what happens if you have to be away for 2 weeks?

Are you planning to install the doors or did you want more of a open frame concept?

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added some Aussie live rock that I had curing in a bin for around 7 or 8 weeks. I still need to put some effort into actually scaping the tank but I just wanted the bin out of my kitchen so I threw them in the tank with little consideration haha

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great but what happens if you have to be away for 2 weeks?

Are you planning to install the doors or did you want more of an open frame concept?
My best friend has reef tanks as well. He usually stays at our house and dog sits for us when we go away. Usually never more than a week at a time. He has no problem going through the maintenance routine.

I will be putting the doors on eventually with the baby on the way. For now, I like looking at everything under the tank

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_9479.jpeg

I topped up the biopellets in the BP reactor and started running carbon and phosguard in the media reactor. I don’t have a permanent reef light over the tank yet but thus far, algae hasn’t been an issue.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_9484.jpeg
IMG_9485.jpeg

I moved over a few of my mushrooms that the Jawfish liked to pull into his cave in the other tank. They’ve transitioned well with just a reefbreeder strip light over them

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_9486.jpeg

As for news from the RSR 250, the doughboy bounce that I picked up from @Arimiko has a few babies under her skirt. My Godzilla is sitting pretty at about 5 inches in diameter with a few babies as well.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As for the fish in the 112, right now the list is:
4xH. erectus seahorses
Borbonius anthias
Achilles tang
Gem tang
Longnose butterfly
Sunburst anthias
Blue star leopard wrasse
China wrasse

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best friend has reef tanks as well. He usually stays at our house and dog sits for us when we go away. Usually never more than a week at a time. He has no problem going through the maintenance routine.

I will be putting the doors on eventually with the baby on the way. For now, I like looking at everything under the tank
Very cool.
I wish any of my close friends were into reef tanks. I usually have to record videos and rotate chores among friends/family. lol.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool.
I wish any of my close friends were into reef tanks. I usually have to record videos and rotate chores among friends/family. lol.
Yeah its definitely a plus having a local reefing community haha. The fish store by me is a hangout hub for a lot of us in the area. It helps a lot with inspiration and getting that fish/coral fix without having to bring it all home.
I've had saltwater tanks since I was 10 or 11 so my family is all really into it. My girlfriend actually suggested we keep the RSR 250 running too haha. She's almost as into it as me

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is name of that outlet you got with on/of switches? being looking for something like that

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CENTROPOWER PDU Power Strip Surge Protector,10 Outlet 1U Network-Grade Full Metal PDU Power Strip with Rackmount Designed for Server Rack https://a.co/d/ch7aRk2
This is the exact one I used. It’s pretty nice for the price.

OP
OP
The Roaming Reefer

The Roaming Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tempImagewPiUVv.jpg

Little update, I added a G6 Radion XR30 Blue as the sole light for the corals. The spread on this fixture is beyond my expectations. I'm really happy with the coverage.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back