Peninsula style 75 gallon
IMG_20200523_185348.jpg
IMG_20200523_184941.jpg

austibella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it from me, Hippo Tangs are over rated.
I've got this one, and I've been thinking about starting a thread a bout ICH, and how this dingbat always gets it when I doing something in the tank, and it takes 4-6 weeks of doing nothing for it to go away, oh, and no other fish gets it. The Hippo is just nuts.
I love my Hippo. ICH parasite has a number of different life cycles it attaches to a fish spends 3-7 days feeding on a host then it detaches and can survive 24 to 48 hours in the sand or rocks then has to find another host. after incubation period up to 200 free swimming theronts are released then next stage encystment reproductive stage[ tomonts] 3 to 28 days ... then it starts all over again free swimming trophonts after dropping off a fish within 18 hours will settle and reproduce again. you must treat your tank. that is why you have to quarantine fish for 30 days or more because of the life cycles of parasites. it is easier to treat a quarantine tank then your entire main tank. but it can be done. you will never get rid of ICH until you treat your entire tank for at least a month due to the different cycles of parasites

OP
OP
cameronh

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez! Nearly 5 years later.......guys and girls yall are awesome.

Back