Im done with ecotech who makes a reliable led?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually does remove humidity. If your house is humid with the AC running, I'd call a local HVAC guy to see what's wrong. Sometimes I seriously wonder if your messing with others with some of your post, lol.

the tang in a 45g thread wasn’t the giveaway?

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is he “mistreated” if he was out of warranty? Out of warranty is out of warranty. They cannot replace it free of charge if it is out of warranty. Read the op’s applications. Most lights would fail in that condition. As of why local aquariums don’t use ecotech products, they simply cannot afford them. Most aquariums use hundreds of fixtures. A cheap $100 fixture opposed to a $800 fixture will add up over time. There is no definite fix. If you let condensation build up on the lights, you have other problems then your lights. You need to take care of your equipment right? Do you get oil changes for your car every so often? He needs fans in the canopy or he will get rust, mold, and kill more lights just like kessil said. I actually already offered my opinion on what lights to get.
Well, at least you´re spelling warranty correctly now... lol (not native speaker here)
No offense, but it seems that you try to hard to imposse your view and thinking to others instead of searching for common ground and improvement which is IMHO one of the pillars of the site.... you just joined a month ago and i see the amount of posts you make, perhaps investing that time in truly reading what others have to say may benefit or improve your reefing skills instead of antagonise with everyone that has a different opinion...sorry for the broken english, happy holidays!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, at least you´re spelling warranty correctly now... lol (not native speaker here)
No offense, but it seems that you try to hard to imposse your view and thinking to others instead of searching for common ground and improvement which is IMHO one of the pillars of the site.... you just joined a month ago and i see the amount of posts you make, perhaps investing that time in truly reading what others have to say may benefit or improve your reefing skills instead of antagonise with everyone that has a different opinion...sorry for the broken english, happy holidays!
You’re bashing my spelling but don’t even have proper grammar?

Last edited by a moderator:

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, most parts on Chevy and ford are us made. And a majority of the worlds car parts come from Japan, not Mexico or Canada. German cars are made with German parts to German specifications. My best friend is actually a mechanic. He specializes in gm vehicles. I guarantee he knows what he is talking about when it cones to parts ;)
I beg to differ with you here, i live in Mexico and my business is bus seats manufacturing, i work with the automotive cluster and with several major automotive brands which plants are in Mexico, the 80% of their production goes to the US and per NAFTA rules (TMEC now) some parts are still manufactured in the US but most are made and assembled here...not only GM, FCA and Ford, but VW, BMW, Mazda, Toyota, Kia, Audi.... you name it...

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beg to differ with you here, i live in Mexico and my business is bus seats manufacturing, i work with the automotive cluster and with several major automotive brands which plants are in Mexico, the 80% of their production goes to the US and per NAFTA rules (TMEC now) some parts are still manufactured in the US but most are made and assembled here...not only GM, FCA and Ford, but VW, BMW, Mazda, Toyota, Kia, Audi.... you name it...
What parts?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does have a lot of useful information. I didn’t realize how many fords are foreign. Not surprised about dodge and Chrysler. It seems the low end vehicles are all from Mexico. What year was this data from?

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re bashing my spelling but don’t even have proper grammar? Some people lol
As stated, not native speaker here, after all english is just a second language to me (actually 4th) but if tha's all you got from my response there's nothing to add here....happy holidays!

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does have a lot of useful information. I didn’t realize how many fords are foreign. Not surprised about dodge and Chrysler. It seems the low end vehicles are all from Mexico. What year was this data from?
Lol...you're right, the Hellcat motors are low end (manufactured and developed by my literal neighbor plant FCA in Ramos Arizpe) Also BMW and Audis are low end...go figure....lol

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The spreadsheets have a date of 6/4/2019 on each page. The NHTSA site has multiple years if you'd like to look more into it.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me of a discussion I had w/ a person who owned a Ford Ranger and insisted on "Buy American"
Opened the hood and there was a Mitsubishi engine.. He was quite surprised..:)

Fun times..

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be quite upset if I bought a made for saltwater product, at a premium, and anything other than submerged, not covered, what!!! Ridiculous, I have a not premium led, made in Taiwan, mounted 5" off surface of water, salt sprayed, fan facing water, in Central FL, and AC 10+ months per year, led running over 3 years, lol. Sorry, but I would expect more for 800 bucks.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellcat motors are low end when they leave Mexico. They don’t become “hellcats” till they reach America and a 4l supercharger is wrenched on. Bmw and Audi’s motors and trannys are German ;)
Lol...you're right, the Hellcat motors are low end (manufactured and developed by my literal neighbor plant FCA in Ramos Arizpe) Also BMW and Audis are low end...go figure....lol

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me of a discussion I had w/ a person who owned a Ford Ranger and insisted on "Buy American"
Opened the hood and there was a Mitsubishi engine.. He was quite surprised..:)

Fun times..
Yup. I don’t “buy American” anymore. After the second Sierra crapped out In 2006, I switched to Toyota. I’ve had my Tacoma trd off road since without a single problem. I don’t care where it’s from. It works and is reliable as hell!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back