Im done with ecotech who makes a reliable led?

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a pic just for kicks :)
Yup. I don’t “buy American” anymore. After the second Sierra crapped out In 2006, I switched to Toyota. I’ve had my Tacoma trd off road since without a single problem. I don’t care where it’s from. It works and is reliable as hell!

D504F276-D20F-47D6-AEB1-EF5F4EBE1359.jpeg

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. I don’t “buy American” anymore. After the second Sierra crapped out In 2006, I switched to Toyota. I’ve had my Tacoma trd off road since without a single problem. I don’t care where it’s from. It works and is reliable as hell!
Honda and Toyota together have the top 5 cars with highest domestic US content. 6th place is a Chevy SUV.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellcat motors are low end when they leave Mexico. They don’t become “hellcats” till they reach America and a 4l supercharger is wrenched on. Bmw and Audi’s motors and trannys are German ;)

No, Audi engines are made in Hungary.

Everything I find says the Hellcat engine is made in at their Saltillo Engine plant, please share info showing otherwise if you have it. And FWIW, it's a 2.4 or 2.7L supercharger, depending on if it's a Demon or not.

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hellcat motors are low end when they leave Mexico. They don’t become “hellcats” till they reach America and a 4l supercharger is wrenched on. Bmw and Audi’s motors and trannys are German ;)
lol....not on topic with OP´s post, not doing this anymore...but you should look for FCA´s factory in Ramos Arizpe....the Hellcat hemi´s a local development, fully developed and assembled here, not only Hemis but Freightliner plant as a part of FCA Daymler is also here, trasn, drivetrains, motor, the works...from 0 to completion local....and those trucks are no joke, i provide them with the driver´s mate seat and frame, awesome plant!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. My Tacoma’s going strong almost 14 years in. Only issue were shocks and struts which was my fault. Just gave me a good reason to upgrade lol
When it comes to vehicles, I don't buy american either.... I call them "throw away vehicles". For the same price I buy Toyota brand and it because of the tighter tolerances in internal components, they last a lot longer. Simply put, they're better engineered

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Can we please get this thread back on track? Grammer, american made, and back and fourth banter are not the subject at hand. Please stay on topic to lighting.
Thanks
Crabs

Iván Olalla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Audi engines are made in Hungary.

Everything I find says the Hellcat engine is made in Salito, Mexico, please share info showing otherwise if you have it. And FWIW, it's a 2.4 or 2.7L supercharger, depending on if it's a Demon or not.
Yup, here it´s made, the Demon is a factory mod... Saltillo is the capital of the state, Ramos Arizpe is an adjacent "county" where we are located in the automotive cluster park. Awesome trail and 4x4 routes, wine tasting, dinosaur bones digs (largest diversity in the world of fossils) along with the oasis in the desert that all you have seen in the Corona´s publicity, all here in Coahuila, 3rd largest state in Mexico and my beatiful home, you´re all welcomed to come down and visit!

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We build those at our Texas plant and I can assure you that you are supporting 1000's of US employees including me! ;)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all LED manufactures should ditch the Fans and rely on massive aluminum heatsinks for the cooling. My Aquatronica LED's have 30lb of Aluminum heatsink and are consuming 160W of power from two Meanwell Power Supplies. Five year later and not one issue. Basic reason is that everything electronic is sealed tight from salt air and splash. The heatsinks passively cools the whole thing off.

Fans IMO are always a bad idea as they bring in salty air and eventually start to corrode stuff and the fans themselves will always be subject to failure due to the salt. I think the only reason that we see some differences in longevity with fan based systems is because of the type of mount and the height they are mounted at. The external air flow and humidity levels around them also play a big part.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all LED manufactures should ditch the Fans and rely on massive aluminum heatsinks for the cooling. My Aquatronica LED's have 30lb of Aluminum heatsink and are consuming 160W of power from two Meanwell Power Supplies. Five year later and not one issue. Basic reason is that everything electronic is sealed tight from salt air and splash. The heatsinks passively cools the whole thing off.
Second that..Fans are dumb.. :) and current research in LED is leading to higher temp tolerances..
No heat sink required..

• High efficacy, up to 159 lm/W, and a wide lumen range with two times the overdrive capability
  • Lumen output of up to 2,270 lm, 4,450 lm, and 8,900 lm for 280 mm, 560 mm, and 1,120 mm modules
  • Designed following Zhaga book 7 standards L28W2 and L56W2
  • Easy, automated wiring enabled by poke-in connectors
  • 5-year limited warranty
  • Available in a variety of color temperatures (3,000 K to 5,700 K)
  • Energy star / ANSI compliant 3 SDCM color binning structure
Benefits
  • No separate heat sinking required
  • Reliable use at elevated currents enables greater design flexibility
  • Easy installation using mounting holes and connectors

article2012novemberwhatsnextforhighfig1.jpg

blstravler

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could always go T5 - ATI Sunpower are really nice & if you need parts you can order any of them and change them out yourself. This is why I left LED - any issues outside warranty with LED and it’s $100’s to fix.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fans IMO are always a bad idea as they bring in salty air and eventually start to corrode stuff and the fans themselves will always be subject to failure due to the salt. I think the only reason that we see some differences in longevity with fan based systems is because of the type of mount and the height they are mounted at. The external air flow and humidity levels around them also play a big part.

Hello,

Well said, and couldn’t agree more with what you have stated. I’m not sure who came up with that idea, but I can’t say it was well intelligent. Lights that are heat sink cooled, well always simply stay cooler, there is more surface area.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Well said, and couldn’t agree more with what you have stated. I’m not sure who came up with that idea, but I can’t say it was well intelligent. Lights that are heat sink cooled, will always simply stay cooler, there is more surface area.

Thanks :) . The reason that many of the other companies use active cooling is just to save on money. Using 30 lbs of aluminum is not cheap but it works perfectly at doing the job long term. When my Leds eventually Fade, I will just replace them. If the whole unit was to get fried by some massive failure I would just make my own light using the same heatsink as the foundation for a new system.

Merry Christmas

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My current marine pros are 90% heavy alum heat sinks and those get nice and toasty. But with them sealed it prevents my lights from failing. I have had some good teasers that current usa is making another high end light that I have. I have been trying to look up your lights to no avail.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t use heat sinks because it isn’t as effective in cooking internal temperature. Nothing works better to keep things cool than air blowing over it. I used to build remote controlled race cars. My last one was all electric. With its 4 horsepower motor and super high gearing, the motor would hit 180° in two passes. First I tried a heat sink which helped. It have me enough time to get it back to me after the second pass. When I swapped it out for a heat sink with a fan, I was able to double my run time. Heat sinks just disperse the heat over time but the heat still stays there. Sure it helps but it isn’t nearly as effective as heat sinks AND a fan.
with a heat sink and a fan, the sinks will bring the heat away from the lights internal boards. With that heat brought away, the fan would cool the insides as well as cool the heat sinks. This would easily let you give the lights much more power, let the lights run longer, and keep the inside cooler to ensure longevity of the light. Sure you guys don’t like the idea of a fan but it has a purpose..:
Hello,

Well said, and couldn’t agree more with what you have stated. I’m not sure who came up with that idea, but I can’t say it was well intelligent. Lights that are heat sink cooled, well always simply stay cooler, there is more surface area.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back