IM Nuvo 10 return chamber low

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does your .5 fit in the nuvo 10g? Is it pretty quiet? Might just exchange mine for that one.

It's tight but it fits. I have been using it without issue for about 9 months. Everyone has a different level of hearing and sensitivity, but to me it is very quiet.

Now I'm wondering about my hearing, because I just went to listen to the pump and I can't pick out any specific noise coming from the pump.

Go On Applause GIF by brandon wells

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One solution is to place some sort of filter floss like material underneath it, which would help with the height and may also dampen vibrations. Two birds with one stone. ^_^
I may try that, its dangling 2-3 inches from the bottom though haha so I was wondering if that was why it was so darn loud..since the suction cups are supposed to be "noise/vibration reducers".

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may try that, its dangling 2-3 inches from the bottom though haha so I was wondering if that was why it was so darn loud..since the suction cups are supposed to be "noise/vibration reducers".
Potentially, if it kept on hitting a side or something.

2-3 inches is pretty high hmmm. I mean for me it's easy, I always have MarinePure gems and Polyfilter on hand that I can stick below or between things. XD But yeah nah if it is too much work might need to do something else.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my mighty jet in my IM 10 is clean is does tend to run the 3rd chamber low(my Cobalt heater is in that chamber too) but with in a couple week it "slimes" up and pumps less water and all is good. I have 3 IM AIO tanks with mighty Jet pumps as well as spare new mighty jet pumps in case one brakes-great pumps.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potentially, if it kept on hitting a side or something.

2-3 inches is pretty high hmmm. I mean for me it's easy, I always have MarinePure gems and Polyfilter on hand that I can stick below or between things. XD But yeah nah if it is too much work might need to do something else.
I do have some filter floss I can shove under there, will try!
When my mighty jet in my IM 10 is clean is does tend to run the 3rd chamber low(my Cobalt heater is in that chamber too) but with in a couple week it "slimes" up and pumps less water and all is good. I have 3 IM AIO tanks with mighty Jet pumps as well as spare new mighty jet pumps in case one brakes-great pumps.
Another issue is the flow is farrr too much for my plans for the tank. The same pump is on my 20g and thats more than sufficient for that size as well. Even on the lowest setting it moves all the sand (special grade caribsea) to one side lol. I do love those pumps, wish they made one with low flow! Silent and no vibrations.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back