Indo Coral Ban Lifted?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Guys you really think torches are going to stay high up like that? There will be plenty of shops buying colonys and moving them for just a few hundred bucks, just as a easy flip with money. The stock between vendors will be so high, people will obviously be going for the cheapest vendor first.

Due to how cheap a colony costs noones going to sit on them just to make an extra 300 bucks. The real winner and mvps will be the ones that understand that, and crush the market the first few months of importing torches.

I'm happy we are going to have some fancy acros and zoanthids again =)

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
81D9FD82-CDAB-4BD9-9E1A-A9F28561D552.jpeg

Torch in the back was < $10 per head, bought less than 6 mo ago. Stop buying stuff with fancy names..... those “fancy” zoas will always be expensive..... nothing to do with any indo ban!

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bunch of reefers are interested in this. 294 are viewing.

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hope that if the ban is lifted it will benefit the vendors of responsibly farmed coral and not those on the less-than-scrupulous side of things. Reef's got enough trouble without us adding to the list of woes.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I spoke with a very good friend of mine which just happens to be a LFS owner and indeed the ban has been lifted and he has an order coming in asap, he is also selling all his Indo torches for substantially less just to move them because he has a lot more coming in, there is a video from the wholesaler that shows Indo torches for miles along the reef, I cant say for sure, but, it sounds like there is gonna be a big price drop coming soon! YAY!

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I spoke with a very good friend of mine which just happens to be a LFS owner and indeed the ban has been lifted and he has an order coming in asap, he is also selling all his Indo torches for substantially less just to move them because he has a lot more coming in, there is a video from the wholesaler that shows Indo torches for miles along the reef, I cant say for sure, but, it sounds like there is gonna be a big price drop coming soon! YAY!
;Woot I hope this is true! I’ve been waiting a while to finally get some info torches, and I would love for that day to come soon. I’m not gonna get my hopes up too quick though. I’ve been hearing rumors with no results for a long while now.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys you really think torches are going to stay high up like that? There will be plenty of shops buying colonys and moving them for just a few hundred bucks, just as a easy flip with money. The stock between vendors will be so high, people will obviously be going for the cheapest vendor first.

Due to how cheap a colony costs noones going to sit on them just to make an extra 300 bucks. The real winner and mvps will be the ones that understand that, and crush the market the first few months of importing torches.

I was starting to think I was the only one that understood how supply and demand worked ,, ASD will be selling them for $5 a head :)

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm happy we are going to have some fancy acros and zoanthids again =)

I think what we have here is some reefers hoping the Coral Companies will keep charging these high $$$ prices and the reefers would be able to under cut their prices in the for sale sections ,, It just seems to me its taking a long time to get the industry back up and running again ,,

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From what I've been told it is about two months away, and my friend has an order already placed, dragon souls, masters etc., I hope to see what he gets in as well, would love to get my hands on these sweet corals as well, like it was posted earlier supply and demand is key, as we all know everything grows faster in the ocean, I think now its more so about controlling what leaves and how much.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
81D9FD82-CDAB-4BD9-9E1A-A9F28561D552.jpeg

Torch in the back was < $10 per head, bought less than 6 mo ago. Stop buying stuff with fancy names..... those “fancy” zoas will always be expensive..... nothing to do with any indo ban!
Honestly, if you like something, it’s worth what you are willing to pay. If there are similar items readily available one can and should consider them, but ultimately if the differences are worth the extra money to that person, why should we judge them? Who cares. For example, your torch is nice, it’s big now and its colors are fine, it was a better overall deal by most metrics than a similar one that paid 15x more for, except for one, and that’s color (which btw, when it comes to coral, matters far more to me than it does for most things). Mine is simply much darker purple and far more neon in the tips (the one in the center of the photo I attached). I can spare the hundo, and I can honestly say that the extra 15 cents a day it’s cost me over the last few years has been 100% worth it to me. YMMV... that’s life.

Also, that giant elegance on the right is bananas and I love it. How long have you had it?

492D9651-58F0-457B-9C1A-F7C376E8D536.jpeg

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, if you like something, it’s worth what you are willing to pay. If there are similar items readily available one can and should consider them, but ultimately if the differences are worth the extra money to that person, why should we judge them? Who cares.
Technically I’m not judging them, I’m laughing at them.

The ole sayings still hold true. “To each their own.”, and “A fool and his money are soon parted.”

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The interesting thing about torches is that with how common they are you would think they would be everywhere over already. Just makes me wonder how many corals actually survive in a tank longer than a year. If they did there never would have been a shortage Indo ban or not.

I also think there are people spreading rumor that Indo is opening in hopes of creating a panic so sellers lower their prices now before the “flood gates” open. At this point I believe when I see Indo corals actually show up.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back