infinityreefs.com

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am getting an anemone for my 2 new clowns(jack black and krusty the clown XDDDDDDDDD) and I recentaly stumbled across infinityreefs.com, their prices seem to be legit, but are they really? and same with live aquarias annemones, some of the prices are really weird there too.

thanks,
stewy

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a little Leery of that place ...stumbled onto their site months ago .. I see alot of the same stuff month after month on that site...as if nothing is moving...same 'ol stuff out of stock also... Proceed with caution ..If you decide to be the guinea pig and order , let us know how it goes.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am getting an anemone for my 2 new clowns(jack black and krusty the clown XDDDDDDDDD) and I recentaly stumbled across infinityreefs.com, their prices seem to be legit, but are they really? and same with live aquarias annemones, some of the prices are really weird there too.

thanks,
stewy
Live aquaria is total trash.
Nothing but horror stories, I’d stay FAR AWAY.
take a quick search here on the site to see for yourself.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it a great store? At least give us a little insight into the store
so I bought a rainbow hammer. wysiwyg. they said it didn't look good and wanted to provide a better one. I received the better one after they sent a photo that looked good but it was DOA. issued store credit. picked up a nice Indo Torch in person at AquaDreams along with some Rasta. it was blamed on getting bounced around in shipping. as far as the wysiwyg, I wouldn't rely on that.

edit, don't want to knock them but that was my one and only experience.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I bought a rainbow hammer. wysiwyg. they said it didn't look good and wanted to provide a better one. I received the better one after they sent a photo that looked good but it was DOA. issued store credit. picked up a nice Indo Torch in person at AquaDreams along with some Rasta. it was blamed on getting bounced around in shipping. as far as the wysiwyg, I wouldn't rely on that.

edit, don't want to knock them but that was my one and only experience.
here's the pictures of what was sent as a sub for the hammer and right after it went in the tank after acclimation.
wysiwyg that was ordered.
1709727513295.png

the replacement
1709727352339.png

what was received
1709727271224.png

Todays memory
1709727749977.png

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's the pictures of what was sent as a sub for the hammer and right after it went in the tank after acclimation.
wysiwyg that was ordered.
1709727513295.png

the replacement
1709727352339.png

what was received
1709727271224.png

Todays memory
1709727749977.png
yea, thats a wall hammer for you. :(
Ive never met anyone personally or seen a tank in person that was able to keep a wall longterm.
I know it HAS been done, (the reefbuilders did an article on like a 20 year old wall hammer that was the only coral in the tank it was so big) but its few and far between.

Dunno why, but walls are ALOT harder to keep than branching ones. its a shame, because they are so neat to look at

MoparMike97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I'd stay away this place

I ordered a haddoni anemone from them through eBay a while back. The listing was for a large, WYSIWYG anemone (14"+ diameter), the nem I received was unfortunately DOA and didn't appear to be close to the advertised size. I know it's difficult to judge size when a nem is retracted, but there's absolutely no way the little 3" blob in the bag would have expanded to 14". As per their DOA policy, I contacted the seller with photos within an hour of the box arriving. I was told they only give store credit in the event of a DOA, which I was fine with. Unfortunately, I tried using said credit a few times, and every time I got responses like "That one isn't looking good" "It's already sold" or "You don't want that one, we'll be getting some nicer ones in a few weeks". By the time I was fed up with their BS excuses, it had been a few months and I couldn't dispute the charge with my CC or pursue it through eBay. I just chalked it up as a loss and will be avoiding them going forward.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, thats a wall hammer for you. :(
Ive never met anyone personally or seen a tank in person that was able to keep a wall longterm.
I know it HAS been done, (the reefbuilders did an article on like a 20 year old wall hammer that was the only coral in the tank it was so big) but its few and far between.

Dunno why, but walls are ALOT harder to keep than branching ones. its a shame, because they are so neat to look at
this wasn't long term though. all the anemones I saw in store though looked great.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, I'd stay away this place

I ordered a haddoni anemone from them through eBay a while back. The listing was for a large, WYSIWYG anemone (14"+ diameter), the nem I received was unfortunately DOA and didn't appear to be close to the advertised size. I know it's difficult to judge size when a nem is retracted, but there's absolutely no way the little 3" blob in the bag would have expanded to 14". As per their DOA policy, I contacted the seller with photos within an hour of the box arriving. I was told they only give store credit in the event of a DOA, which I was fine with. Unfortunately, I tried using said credit a few times, and every time I got responses like "That one isn't looking good" "It's already sold" or "You don't want that one, we'll be getting some nicer ones in a few weeks". By the time I was fed up with their BS excuses, it had been a few months and I couldn't dispute the charge with my CC or pursue it through eBay. I just chalked it up as a loss and will be avoiding them going forward.
I got the same responses. but I did get the credit. I have not repurchased from them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back