QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow. I’m so happy I saw this thread. I finally pulled the trigger on a EXT 75 last night! I’ve been stressing though because my Synergy sump is 34” and online it says that the stand’s interior dimensions are 32”…but it looks like you managed to fit your 34” sump perfectly. Am I correct in thinking I can fit my 34” sump in that stand?
Hi. I just got the 75 Ext. Were you able to get a 34" sump? I'm thinking about getting the Trigger platinum 34.

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You guys are right. I had to make a platform that sat on the edge of the frame. I actually had it made out of 1 inch starboard and they cut out a notch for the latch too. I put some pics in there with the stand on the side with one side panel off. Then I put the starboard shelf and the sump into the stand, then I attached the side panel. I think the new stands have side access doors, so I do not know it this would affect your ability to do this.
Hi. Would you be able to remove the sump if required? Just got the 75 Ext. Trying to decide between the platinum 26 vs 34.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Would you be able to remove the sump if required? Just got the 75 Ext. Trying to decide between the platinum 26 vs 34.
Looks like a tight fit. But there are very few reasons to remove sumps once installed IMO. The things i think about regarding sump size is if i want room for an ATO under the stand (i don't, hard to add water often and would rather maximize sump volume) and enough room around the sump (in front and on the sides) for cords and plumbing and gear etc.

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like a tight fit. But there are very few reasons to remove sumps once installed IMO. The things i think about regarding sump size is if i want room for an ATO under the stand (i don't, hard to add water often and would rather maximize sump volume) and enough room around the sump (in front and on the sides) for cords and plumbing and gear etc.
So would you suggest the 26 or 34? My must have is a fleece roller mat. Looks like Geo makes one in a 30" size.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would you suggest the 26 or 34? My must have is a fleece roller mat. Looks like Geo makes one in a 30" size.
The innovative marine internal stand dimensions are about 32":

1634583301305.png

If you elevate the sump a little and place the sump on extruded aluminum frame on the bottom of the stand, you could might fit the 36, but it would be very tight if it did fit. The IM stated measurements are slightly conservative.

If it was me, i would limit my sump length to about 30 to 32 inches. Not for removal purposes, but because you want some room around the sump for cords or the like. Here is my very tightly packed sump on IM 50 gallon, six inches less long than your IM 75. This took a lot of planning and pre-measuring of gear when designing; i have never seen anyone else try to cram so much crap in a sump (especially since there is a 50watt UV on the back). The sump is a fiji 24, stated width of internal of stand is 26 inches. Although it fits, i have no room for an ATO but i do have room around the sides and front for things (e.g. running dosing lines!)

1634583183780.png

Also realize that the down side to a big as possible sump, is that you have much more cramped working area, which can make maintenance a chore; this is the reason people build fish rooms.

You can certainly fit a 20 inch sump under that tank and if set up right, would be enough volume, while giving you more space to work.... It's a personal preference.

If it was me, i would plan out your sump -- and what other gear you may want -- as well as design your cabinet on a piece of paper using gear's dimensions stated on line before buying gear. That way you can pick gear knowing if it all will fit or not.

P.S. i run a klir and love it...

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The innovative marine internal stand dimensions are about 32":

1634583301305.png

If you elevate the sump a little and place the sump on extruded aluminum frame on the bottom of the stand, you could might fit the 36, but it would be very tight if it did fit. The IM stated measurements are slightly conservative.

If it was me, i would limit my sump length to about 30 to 32 inches. Not for removal purposes, but because you want some room around the sump for cords or the like. Here is my very tightly packed sump on IM 50 gallon, six inches less long than your IM 75. This took a lot of planning and pre-measuring of gear when designing; i have never seen anyone else try to cram so much crap in a sump (especially since there is a 50watt UV on the back). The sump is a fiji 24, stated width of internal of stand is 26 inches. Although it fits, i have no room for an ATO but i do have room around the sides and front for things (e.g. running dosing lines!)

1634583183780.png

Also realize that the down side to a big as possible sump, is that you have much more cramped working area, which can make maintenance a chore; this is the reason people build fish rooms.

You can certainly fit a 20 inch sump under that tank and if set up right, would be enough volume, while giving you more space to work.... It's a personal preference.

If it was me, i would plan out your sump -- and what other gear you may want -- as well as design your cabinet on a piece of paper using gear's dimensions stated on line before buying gear. That way you can pick gear knowing if it all will fit or not.

P.S. i run a klir and love it...
Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to do some thinking. Was going to go the biggest sump approach and add a Clarisea. Will look into Klir.

Back