Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I've been setting up an Innovative Marine 30L AIO for a few months now and wanted to share! I plan on mainly keeping LPS specifically Euphyllia.

Equipment:
2 IM MightyJet Return Pumps
2 VCA RFG's (With the Slip Fit Drop connector)
2 AI Nero 3's
2 AI Prime16 HD Lights/Mounting Arms
AuqaShield 11 Watt UV Sterilizer [Midsize]
NuvoSkim DC AIO Protein Skimmer [Midsize] - Upgraded to Cadlight PLS-50 V2 Skimmer
Cobalt Aquatics 100W Neo-Therm Submersible Heater
Inkbird ITC-308S Heating/Cooling Controller.
Xp Aqua Duetto ATO
Something I probably forgot ;)

Livestock:
2 Fancy Ocellaris clownfish
Royal Gramma (in QT)
1 Cleaner Shrimp
2 WWC Splatter Branching Hammered Frogs
WWC Bicolor Branching Frogspawn
WWC Radioactive Neon Branching Hammer
Bi-Color Hammer
And more in QT...

Pics to come...

IMG_3010.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg

Last edited:

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice tank! Is that reactor for chaeto? Did you make it yourself?

doh_nutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean and sleek build!

Also, Did you have a custom back cover for the sump area? Looks really sharp with the bare bottom too

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know attention-to-detail when I see it... right down to your power cord management. Very, very nice. Be sure to update as more and more corals join the family!

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know attention-to-detail when I see it... right down to your power cord management. Very, very nice. Be sure to update as more and more corals join the family!
Totally lol! Much appreciated! I will def post more updates as the family grows!

Hammerheadz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

I've been setting up an Innovative Marine 30L AIO for a few months now and wanted to share! I plan on mainly keeping LPS specifically Euphyllia.

Equipment:
2 AI Nero 3's
NuvoSkim DC AIO Protein Skimmer [Midsize]
Xp Aqua Duetto ATO

Livestock:
Royal Gramma (in QT)
1 Cleaner Shrimp
Bi-Color Hammer
And more in QT...

Pics to come...

IMG_3010.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg
Looks really nice.

kove.ante

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered everything I need to step up my own 30L! You build is incredibly clean; super impressive. I'm also looking to keep a decent amount of euphyllia, so looking forward to seeing your tank populated with more of them!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

Equipment:
2 AI Nero 3's
NuvoSkim DC AIO Protein Skimmer [Midsize]
Xp Aqua Duetto ATO

Livestock:
Royal Gramma (in QT)
1 Cleaner Shrimp
Bi-Color Hammer
And more in QT...

Pics to come...

IMG_3010.jpg
IMG_3001.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg
Very nice with the use of the stand shelf and the false wall for your gear. I wish I would have thought of this. The shelf was not available when I bought my Lagoon 50 APS stand so I made other choices. I might just have to “borrow’“ some of your ideas :)

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice with the use of the stand shelf and the false wall for your gear. I wish I would have thought of this. The shelf was not available when I bought my Lagoon 50 APS stand so I made other choices. I might just have to “borrow’“ some of your ideas :)
Glad you like it! The Adaptive Reef controller board is great and fits well.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you like it! The Adaptive Reef controller board is great and fits well.
Funny, I did not even notice that it was a controller board in there until you pointed it out. I thought you’d made a custom false wall. The sideways orientation tricked me. Very clean use of the controller board and the shelf, I really like the way it looks.

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What settings are you using on your lights? What is the mounting height?
They are 9 inches above the tank. 14 inches apart.

4D138E50-784E-4C71-96BC-1AF304957E86.png
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<ramp>
<header>
<version>2</version>
<checksum>1224619522</checksum>
</header>
<colors><uv><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>251</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>250</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>246</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>254</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></uv><violet><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>253</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>246</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>254</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>252</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></violet><royal><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>348</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>348</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>350</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>354</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></royal><blue><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>350</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>352</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>351</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>351</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></blue><green><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>347</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>355</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></green><deep_red><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></deep_red><moonlight><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></moonlight><cool_white><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>0</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>510</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>570</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>720</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>750</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1140</time></point><point><intensity>0</intensity><time>1210</time></point></cool_white></colors></ramp>

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked a new skimmer the CADLights PLS-50 Elite II. Heard some great reviews on it. Based on the dimensions, it should fit in the second chamber (to replace my current Nuvo skimmer). Will post more pics once it's installed!

IMG_3084.jpg
IMG_3086.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked a new skimmer the CADLights PLS-50 Elite II. Heard some great reviews on it. Based on the dimensions, it should fit in the second chamber (to replace my current Nuvo skimmer). Will post more pics once it's installed!

IMG_3084.jpg
IMG_3086.jpg
Well I’m glad to see that CADLights has the capability of shipping a skimmer that’s newly packaged and not broken. I’ve been trying in vain for weeks to get them to replace the broken and obviously repackaged one they sent me. I’ve had to escalate with PayPal to try and get my money back. Without a doubt the worst customer service I’ve experienced in this hobby. It’s a real shame since I, like you, saw the good reviews of this skimmer. It’s probably perfect for my tank but I may never know because CADLights can’t be bothered to return an email or answer a phone, ever. I hope your works well for a long time because your chances of getting them to help you if there’s a problem, in my opinion, are zero. Sorry, I don’t really mean to come here and rain on your new skimmer excitement, I’m actually kinda jealous you have one that works.

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m glad to see that CADLights has the capability of shipping a skimmer that’s newly packaged and not broken. I’ve been trying in vain for weeks to get them to replace the broken and obviously repackaged one they sent me. I’ve had to escalate with PayPal to try and get my money back. Without a doubt the worst customer service I’ve experienced in this hobby. It’s a real shame since I, like you, saw the good reviews of this skimmer. It’s probably perfect for my tank but I may never know because CADLights can’t be bothered to return an email or answer a phone, ever. I hope your works well for a long time because your chances of getting them to help you if there’s a problem, in my opinion, are zero. Sorry, I don’t really mean to come here and rain on your new skimmer excitement, I’m actually kinda jealous you have one that works.
That's unfortunate for sure. I also have heard these horror stories about the customer service and took a chance given the rave reviews. One thing I will note is it was missing the red plug for the skimmer cup. It had this long extension you can hook up to an additional external cup but not the smaller version that just caps the drain hole. I improvised and bought a rubber stopper from Amazon 6mm and fits well. You can see it in the pic of the skimmer cup (it's that blue thing at the bottom of cup) I did email them but the email bounced and http://www.cadlights.com/ is down. Fingers crossed it doesn't have issues but so far it's been running for a day. Fit's perfectly in the second chamber.

IMG_3100.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back