OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! I have the same tank. What board did you use to hide your cords? Any more pics of how you set it up?
Thank you! The board is an Adaptive Reef Basic Aquarium Controller Board (white). I have it on it's side and fits really well! I'll get more pics of it soon. I used velcro to hold the controllers so no drilling was needed.

IMG_3101.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's unfortunate for sure. I also have heard these horror stories about the customer service and took a chance given the rave reviews. One thing I will note is it was missing the red plug for the skimmer cup. It had this long extension you can hook up to an additional external cup but not the smaller version that just caps the drain hole. I improvised and bought a rubber stopper from Amazon 6mm and fits well. You can see it in the pic of the skimmer cup (it's that blue thing at the bottom of cup) I did email them but the email bounced and http://www.cadlights.com/ is down. Fingers crossed it doesn't have issues but so far it's been running for a day. Fit's perfectly in the second chamber.

IMG_3100.jpg
I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for any response from them. I have sent multiple emails and when you call it always goes to voicemail with a full mail box so you can’t leave a message. The only way. I got any response, and it was minimal, is through PayPal. They even stopped responding there. Good skimmer, terrible company.

Bahura-Living

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The board is an Adaptive Reef Basic Aquarium Controller Board (white). I have it on it's side and fits really well! I'll get more pics of it soon. I used velcro to hold the controllers so no drilling was needed.

IMG_3101.jpg
What do you call this cords on the outlets?

Bahura-Living

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it. Thank you so much. And i see you also using KASA outlet that looks amazing. I came from 30g long to but nowhere close to your cable management how clean it is. Wish you luck and hope to seeing your tank grow.
Much appreciated and Good luck to you as well!

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many of the other comments, very clean good looking build. I‘ve had the same IM AIO 30l for about 3 years, really like the tank. I’ve gone nems and some corals.

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like many of the other comments, very clean good looking build. I‘ve had the same IM AIO 30l for about 3 years, really like the tank. I’ve gone nems and some corals.
Thank you! I really like the look of Innovative Marine tanks and their APS stands are very sleek!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build! One of these days I'm going to start my IM 30L build thread. I took pictures all along the way, but the tank has been up for months now.

I'm doing hammers, frogs, frammers, torches and zoas in mine. Everything is doing well so far!

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice build! One of these days I'm going to start my IM 30L build thread. I took pictures all along the way, but the tank has been up for months now.

I'm doing hammers, frogs, frammers, torches and zoas in mine. Everything is doing well so far!
Thank you!. That's awesome and looking forward to seeing your setup as well!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's unfortunate for sure. I also have heard these horror stories about the customer service and took a chance given the rave reviews. One thing I will note is it was missing the red plug for the skimmer cup. It had this long extension you can hook up to an additional external cup but not the smaller version that just caps the drain hole. I improvised and bought a rubber stopper from Amazon 6mm and fits well. You can see it in the pic of the skimmer cup (it's that blue thing at the bottom of cup) I did email them but the email bounced and http://www.cadlights.com/ is down. Fingers crossed it doesn't have issues but so far it's been running for a day. Fit's perfectly in the second chamber.

IMG_3100.jpg
Hi Neseem, would you happen to have the link to the rubber stopper that fits in the skimmer cup. PayPal gave me back my money and CADlights seems like they are out of business, web site has been down for days and now GoDaddy shows the domain name is available, so I’m trying to repair the broken skimmer they sent me. Turns out I was missing the drain stopper for the skimmer cup as well. If the one you got fits well I’d like to get the same one. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

OP
OP
Neseem

Neseem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Neseem, would you happen to have the link to the rubber stopper that fits in the skimmer cup. PayPal gave me back my money and CADlights seems like they are out of business, web site has been down for days and now GoDaddy shows the domain name is available, so I’m trying to repair the broken skimmer they sent me. Turns out I was missing the drain stopper for the skimmer cup as well. If the one you got fits well I’d like to get the same one. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
No problem! Here is the link to Amazon 10PK Neoprene Stoppers, Solid - Blue - Size: 6mm Bottom. The inner diameter of the drain is 6mm. These fit really snug and so far no issues. I did have another idea to use the cup drain hose extender (if it came with yours). You can try cutting it a lot shorter and slip it over the drain hole since it came with the red stopper.

IMG_3157.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem! Here is the link to Amazon 10PK Neoprene Stoppers, Solid - Blue - Size: 6mm Bottom. The inner diameter of the drain is 6mm. These fit really snug and so far no issues. I did have another idea to use the cup drain hose extender (if it came with yours). You can try cutting it a lot shorter and slip it over the drain hole since it came with the red stopper.

IMG_3157.jpg
Thank you Neseem. Now that you mention it, maybe cutting a short piece off the drain tube and using that as the plug makes great sense. It’ll save the 9 bucks for the stoppers anyway. I’ll probably try that first and then order the stoppers if it doesn’t work well. Thanks again.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back