Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

paparoof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay cool - thanks for your info - that helps.

Still interested in finding an example of someone specifically using the IM light successfully. Anyone?

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha..I am on my iPad now. My iPhone was acting strange when trying to post. I am interested in this light also but I am still cycling and not sure if I should add cheato while cycling.

Last edited:

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a pic of my tank. It’s been up for a week. I’m cycling with Tr. Tim’s ammonia and One and Only bacteria. I’m starting to see Nitrites and Nitrates. I have a Tunze 9001 in one chamber so I was thinking to run that instead of cheato. I have the lights off and the right side facing a window covered.

BF733CCF-CF76-4C41-8AE3-B32003F7B71D.jpeg F6193BE7-E9FA-4320-8E34-C18A57E98F52.jpeg

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mp 40 is more than you need-but the 30l is a long tank and will be fine on lower speeds!

va_ill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New guy with the 30L currently have a Fluval 3.0. Should I ditch it asap for something better? Seems to be fine since the tank is shallow?

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running an MP40 on their 30L? Will it be fine on lower power?
I’m running an Aquami. Even on full it won’t reach the other side of the tank, but I like it a lot. It has a bunch of built in settings for different types of corals and I like it slows down at night. I would Like another one for the other side one day.

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is an update on my tank. It’s been up a month. I have a baby clown fish, a baby royal gramma and a baby yellow watchman goby. I took 3 hammer frags from my 100 gallon and placed them in the sand. I do 2 gallons a week water change. The tunze 9001 is finally starting to produce skimmate. I have to stay at this stocking for a bit. I have seachem matrix in the sump with purigen and chemimpure. I feed the fish daily. I have the two Red Sea 50 watt lights set at 50% blue and 10% white. It’s a little dark but I don’t want to maximize the nasties. The lights are holding up well. I have the smaller aquami wave pump and the two RFG nozzles. Seems just right for the hammers. I have a Jaebo RW4 on the other side but it’s too strong. I just fire it up when I want to clean the dietrus off the rocks. My new project is hatching and cultivating brine shrimp. I still have to clean up the wiring in the cabinet but I was able to hatch a bunch of shrimp.

06634711-87B9-4CAA-B1FA-45E667C2E420.jpeg 98FB0CCD-E73E-4115-BBC8-B4D68CB8EA98.jpeg

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, should be for saltwater as far as I know.
OK I just found your light. That looks real nice. So I like the 36 to 48 inch 48 watt model if it fits. The one 24 to 36 is less wattage. Either will grown softies. Even LPS don’t like a lot of light. I think you will be fine. For SPS is think you may need something a little stronger but not too sure since our tanks are so shallow.

va_ill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes mine is the 36-48 inches. I haven't seen any growth but I think its just to early to tell. Everything seems happy. Still messing with it to see what's the best setting for it.

jws0318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Another new guy here. Just ordered my tank and I'm starting to collect the pieces I will need to get it up and running. Planning to start with mostly LPS/zoa's type stuff, bit will probably want to add some SPS as the tank matures. I have a couple of questions so far...

Anyone running a gyre pump as the only powerhead inside the tank? I have used them on the past on bigger tanks but not sure if it would overpower this size tank.

Also it seems that the ai's are the popular choice for lighting? Anyone having good success with something other than them?

Thanks...once I start putting it all together I will create a build thread.

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Gyre 250 on a 100 gallon on 10%. It was the only pump for 3 years. It’s very powerful. Now I added a smaller power head aimed directly at a SPS colony that’s getting very bushy. I had the IceCap smaller pump in a smaller tank. That was powerful too. They give a wide flow of wave that the corals really like but sometimes it’s a bit much for hammer corals. They do need to be cleaned like every 2 months.

NOHtorious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. After putting away my 20G IM FOWLR tank last month, I have been looking at either IM Nuvo 30L or Red Sea E170. I just finished reading this particular thread and found it incredibly informative. I'll most likely go with IM Nuvo 30L just so that I can benefit from this community! Anyway, I saw several people asking about whether there is a way to 3d-print or use acrylic as a cover for the sump area (like RS E170 cover). I just happen to notice that InTank Aquatics has one for Nuvo 30L for $49.99. Hope it helps.

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings. After putting away my 20G IM FOWLR tank last month, I have been looking at either IM Nuvo 30L or Red Sea E170. I just finished reading this particular thread and found it incredibly informative. I'll most likely go with IM Nuvo 30L just so that I can benefit from this community! Anyway, I saw several people asking about whether there is a way to 3d-print or use acrylic as a cover for the sump area (like RS E170 cover). I just happen to notice that InTank Aquatics has one for Nuvo 30L for $49.99. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I’ve been considering this cover. The usual leds like red sea or aqua illumination reflect back into the sump area. I noticed in the compartment where I have the bag of seachem matrix rocks there is a build up of algae and I have to clean out that area. I think with the long narrow profile of the 30L a strip Led is better but I couldn’t find anything when I was looking. The clips would interfere with the nice tank cover.

Definitely go with the 30L as long as you don’t think you will want to upgrade soon. coming from a 100 gallon with a sump, which I still have downstairs, I am really enjoying the simplicity of the 30 L in my office. 2 gallon a week water changes are all it needs for LPS corals, no skimmer, no reactor. I just have a bag of chemipure elite and Purigen with some foam sponges. I’m not even dosing. The hammers and frogspawn are fluffy and big.

jws0318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's my build thread if anyone is interested:

NOHtorious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living in a Co-Op in Manhattan, I never worry about the water temperature being too low as the building keeps the units warm. I found that I always battle the high water temperature, especially the summer months. I used to run a fan 24/7 to try to get the water temperature down and noticed that my ATO reservoir emptied out very quickly... So here's my question. if you don't have this kind of issue, is there a reason why you wouldn't replace your mesh tank topper with a glass cover? Is it that horrible to have a glass cover for the 30L? do they even make a glass cover for the 30L?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back