Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hasn't for me. My nitrates were high before I started dosing the Nopox. Now they are around 5.
Of course everyone says this, but have you been doing water changes?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hasn't for me. My nitrates were high before I started dosing the Nopox. Now they are around 5.
Of course everyone says this, but have you been doing water changes?

Yes, I do a 10% weekly. When I started the fuge my phosphate were at .37 tested with Hanna ULR and my nitrates were 20. I've had it up and running almost a month. My phosphates are down it .18 but my nitrates are 40. I was going to do a large water change this week, 25% to hopefully get them back to normal, but then I'm afraid they will just go up again.

My concern with something like Nopox or others is it drops both Nitrates and Phosphates. I don't want to bottom out my nutrients either.

Cacopepo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a nuvo 30 but I like it...
Nuvo 24
Skkye dual 36" strip light
2 mp10w
No skimmer, even though I have one for it I don't use it, just do weekly water changes, sometimes biweekly

20200517_190547.jpg

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I do a 10% weekly. When I started the fuge my phosphate were at .37 tested with Hanna ULR and my nitrates were 20. I've had it up and running almost a month. My phosphates are down it .18 but my nitrates are 40. I was going to do a large water change this week, 25% to hopefully get them back to normal, but then I'm afraid they will just go up again.

My concern with something like Nopox or others is it drops both Nitrates and Phosphates. I don't want to bottom out my nutrients either.
I would do the larger water change & then keep on eye on the nitrates & see if they start going back up again. --I'm no expert by any means. But it seems the simplest way to start. Are you using a new salt mix?

gamjunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who all with a 30l has a controller, Apex, GHL, Seneye, etc. on it? I have been debating on getting one but really only see people with the larger tanks running one. I was going to pick up the BRS Apex special they had but missed out on it. Now I've been looking at the GHL Profilux 4. I'm looking to have an extra set of eyes, for say, to keep track and a record of pH, temp, and salinity and set up a feed mode so that it shuts things off while feeding instead off flipping the power strips off. Also looking to control the heater and eventually auto water changes and dosing. What are your thoughts on this?

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have controllers for the pump, gyre & lights and been thinking about an Inkbird controller for the heater. I think it would be nice to have a controller like you are talking about, just can't afford it.
Hopefully someone else will have more insight for you.

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Look up Redfield Ratio. Keep your nitrates 16x your phosphates. I just stopped using NOPOX just as a test. It has been keeping my nitrates low but too low. your phosphates are too high.

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody! I just posted some big updates on my IM 30g build thread, lots of which deal with equipment replacements and using the more robust equipment reserved for larger tanks on our nano tanks with some creative problem solving. I figured it may be relevant to us here particularly those who struggle with decent ATO and return pump options.

Tony R.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who all with a 30l has a controller, Apex, GHL, Seneye, etc. on it? I have been debating on getting one but really only see people with the larger tanks running one. I was going to pick up the BRS Apex special they had but missed out on it. Now I've been looking at the GHL Profilux 4. I'm looking to have an extra set of eyes, for say, to keep track and a record of pH, temp, and salinity and set up a feed mode so that it shuts things off while feeding instead off flipping the power strips off. Also looking to control the heater and eventually auto water changes and dosing. What are your thoughts on this?
I have an Apex El on my 30L and literally couldn't imagine keeping the tank without it. I'm away for most of the day and sometimes work may keep me for like a week on a field collection so its almost necessary. Also having the Apex allows you to control and dial back certain equipment that is typically overpowered for our size tanks which is a great plus. It frees you from having to buy into a lot of the gimmicky nano equipment crap. If your techy or patient then you could go for a ReefPi build.

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all New member but long time reefer here I sold enough frags out of my 100 gallon mixed reef to buy an IM30 and stand from Innovative Marine they are having a sale This tank will be SPS acropora only I set up the stand last night
DB0A8ACB-7CC0-4B51-A6A0-C0EE208CBDA3.jpeg
4C8F8085-C6C0-4418-9E8D-DC2373DD38CF.jpeg

SmugglersReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the equipment list:
  • 2 hydra 26 HD
  • micro ATO
  • small doser for ESV Bionic 2 part
  • Trigger Ruby 5 gallon ATO
  • Trigger Ruby dosing containers
  • 2 rfg nozzles from Vivid Aquariums
  • 2 skimmer deflectors to raise the water level
  • heater
  • 2 Jaebo RW4 wave makers
  • 1 ADJ 8 switch power bar
  • no sand
  • 15 pounds live wet rock
  • seachem matrix
  • chemipure and purigen
  • red sea salt
  • 2 clowns
  • acropora but not for at least 4 months
  • led temp reader

Stevedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an apex on my 30l with a DOS for 2 part and WXM to control vortechs. Couldn’t imagine having a tank without a controller again. The ability to monitor salinity, temp and ph anywhere at anytime and and setting it to automatically shut down equipment when something is going terribly wrong was enough to sell me on it. It comes at a very high cost but with that comes peace of mind and ability to automate much of the system.

paparoof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m growing chaeto in the back but not with the IM light I got a cheap light on amazon

here is three weeks of growth

Thanks -

- How do you have the light mounted? taped right to the back glass, shining in?

- I see the InTank basket - I'm using that too. it looks very clean - mine gets some other nuisance algae and requires frequent cleaning. Do you cover it at all to shield it from light during the day? (assuming you light the fuge at night).

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks -

- How do you have the light mounted? taped right to the back glass, shining in?

- I see the InTank basket - I'm using that too. it looks very clean - mine gets some other nuisance algae and requires frequent cleaning. Do you cover it at all to shield it from light during the day? (assuming you light the fuge at night).

Yes, I cut the film off the back over the section I was going to put the chaeto in. I bought two lights as another person had used one and said they wished they had bought another. I just duct taped them to the back.

My light for my tank sits directly on the lid, so I don't have any light spilling over into the back chambers. Because there is not much flow back there I rotate my media basket every couple days so all sides are getting light. When I harvest I wipe off the two plastics sides and I use my mag cleaner to clean the back panel as that gets algae build up too.

1594820055182.png
1594820073758.png
1594820095686.png
1594820138777.png

Here it is today. I have probably harvested three times since starting it in April.
Chaeto2.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back