Interceptor

OceanL0ver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have Montipora eating nudibranchs. Would INTERCEPTOR kill these? I also have an outbreak of vermtid worms. Would this help them too?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope unfortunately. Interceptor targets Arthropods, inverts with an exoskeleton.

Montipora eating nudibranchs treatment is going to involve manual removal and dips such as Bayer, repeatedly. Or deny then their food source and remove all montipora and let the remaining nudibranch starve to death.

Vermetids are manual removal or encapsulating them and reduction of their available food source, suspended particulate foods.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually treat nudibranchs with x3-4 times the recommended dosage of salifert's flat worm exit. They fall apart pretty quickly.

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had no idea that worked! In tank treatment?

If you have a lot of flatworms in your tank you may want to be careful. The drug itself seems to be harmless to corals but a high population of flatworms will excrete toxins that will kill everything when you nuke em with the drug.

I generally pull out a nudibranch or two and produce a concentration of the drug to see how effective it is first. Once I get a dosage that is highly effective, that determines how many drops I put in to the system. Generally though, at 3-4 times the treating methods, you'll see the nudibranch falling apart, depending on species, or roll over and curl up and die.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back