Introducing: my bi color digipora

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Messages
1,730
Reaction score
1,960
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my blue digi colonies which are 5-7" exhibit this odd behavior. New growth is the ideal metallic blue but old growth encrusts green. Ive ceased trying to figure it out. I'm estimating PAR at 400-500 and I've had german blues not do this under far less lighting.

Not complaining. I just think it's cool. But it does make it confusing when I sell them. Guess I will just claim i live next to a nuclear plant. :-)
20210618_113403.jpg
 
All my blue digi colonies which are 5-7" exhibit this odd behavior. New growth is the ideal metallic blue but old growth encrusts green. Ive ceased trying to figure it out. I'm estimating PAR at 400-500 and I've had german blues not do this under far less lighting.

Not complaining. I just think it's cool. But it does make it confusing when I sell them. Guess I will just claim i live next to a nuclear plant. :)
20210618_113403.jpg
Nice! Not to be "that guy" but it's Digitada, not Digipora :)
 
I got it. I will call them 'Bubble Gum German Blue Digitata Weed' . lol

I have a suspicion it might be due to me dosing iodine, but it's just a guess. Likely wrong.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new