Invert ideas?

SourAngelfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an African Flameback angel that has been nipping some corals, so I'm switching my 14g over to a fowlr. I'm going to rework the rocks and such once I transfer all the corals and other fish over to the larger tank. Any interesting inverts I could put in the tank that would destroy corals if kept in a reef? I want something that typically harms corals, but won't harm other animals. It would be interesting to have so the tank isn't a total waste. I already have an all snail clean up crew, that I could replace with hermits and a peppermint shrimp and a tuxedo urchin. Any ideas?

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting question. Certainly there are crabs that would fit that bill - larger emeralds for example. The "larger" hermits can also be problematic but are great fun to watch. Of course they'll probably kill each other off until there is only one survivor... Dexter, ruler of the sump, lone survivor of the great snail and hermit crab massacre of 2017 is a great example. He's so much fun I've thought about setting up a pico tank just for him.

Looking forward to hearing other ideas from more experienced reefers.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back