Irwin_fletch 800 liter tank

barista7105

View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome!!! How's the result of changing your T5 combo to 50/50 blue+ and purple+? Any changes on sps colouration? Is it true if you run too many blue bulbs it tend to change your blue/purple/red sps to green? (which I don't see it with your sps, you have amazing blue, purple and red colour, love it!!)

Corals.com
OP
irwin_fletch

irwin_fletch

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you feel the BB has helped keep your nutrients in check? Looks amazing!
I have never had any problems with high nutrients when I run BB, so maybe.
But the main reason that I do not have sand is that it rarely stays clean and nice for mig.

OP
irwin_fletch

irwin_fletch

View Badges
Reaction score
Awesome!!! How's the result of changing your T5 combo to 50/50 blue+ and purple+? Any changes on sps colouration? Is it true if you run too many blue bulbs it tend to change your blue/purple/red sps to green? (which I don't see it with your sps, you have amazing blue, purple and red colour, love it!!)
Thanks!

I just swapped a coral + against a purple +. No big difference but a pink stylophora has got better color. I have changed my LED to more white and less blue. It has made a difference for my red, purple and blue corals. In another tank, I had trouble with the coral becoming green. Then it turned out that I overdosed trace elements

Corals.com
Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers
OP
irwin_fletch

irwin_fletch

View Badges
Reaction score
Nice to see some corals that have grown for a while. Great tank! :)

/ David
Thanks David. Unfortunately, I have to cut the big colonies every month to avoid shading. Bigger tank would solve the problem ;)

Top Shelf Aquatics
Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers
Budman's Corals LLC
Control EcoTech, Reef Octopus, Maxspect, & More!