Is it ever too late to introduce myself?

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Anton. I have been on this forum for a little while now; however, I haven’t gotten around to formally introduce myself. I didn’t even find out about welcome threads until long after I joined. I started out with a betta fish, and then gradually upgraded to a 15 gallon fluval flex planted tank. I then switched to saltwater with a 20 gallon max nano. Most recently, I have upgraded to a nuvo 40. In my tank, I have a clownfish, cleaner shrimp, and a few trochus, astraea (lithopoma), and nassarius snails, a Mexican turbo and a tiger conch. The corals I have are an acan (micromussa), pocillopora, favia (merulinidae), psammocora, and 2 zoa rocks. I am most interested in LPS corals, especially brain corals in the families lobophylliidae and merulinidae. I don’t like octocorals such as leathers or gorgonians because I think they look out of place in most reef tanks, unless you make a dedicated system for them.

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Welcome to the Reef2Reef !
Happy to have you here!
Here's a picture of something cool so you can get started with the fun of this community!
20220816-_DSC8780.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Anton. I have been on this forum for a little while now; however, I haven’t gotten around to formally introduce myself. I didn’t even find out about welcome threads until long after I joined. I started out with a betta fish, and then gradually upgraded to a 15 gallon fluval flex planted tank. I then switched to saltwater with a 20 gallon max nano. Most recently, I have upgraded to a nuvo 40. In my tank, I have a clownfish, cleaner shrimp, and a few trochus, astraea (lithopoma), and nassarius snails, a Mexican turbo and a tiger conch. The corals I have are an acan (micromussa), pocillopora, favia (merulinidae), psammocora, and 2 zoa rocks. I am most interested in LPS corals, especially brain corals in the families lobophylliidae and merulinidae. I don’t like octocorals such as leathers or gorgonians because I think they look out of place in most reef tanks, unless you make a dedicated system for them.

Hi Anton and Belated Welcome! Glad you joined while back and found this part of Forum. Never too late!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might even consider doing build thread for each tank, but you'll only get one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in Washington:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never too late to introduce yourself or too late to start a build thread.
Hi Anton and Belated Welcome! Glad you joined while back and found this part of Forum. Never too late!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might even consider doing build thread for each tank, but you'll only get one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in Washington:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks! I do have a build thread, but I have forgot to update it for a while.

better late than never Anton, and sounds like a nice set up - pictures would verify that - smile!

aquaman-oldschool.gif
image.jpg

There’s not much in there yet. I am planning to add a sand sifting goby and a banggai cardinal, and maybe get an apex.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back