Is it normal for BTA to behave like this?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@happyhourhero so when you mentioned "I feel it is normal for them to be all strange for the first couple of weeks and look like crap", the picture I provided looks worse than crap, in your opinion?

Not worse than but like. As long as it has good flow, a way to pull back out of the light and good water, i think it will be fine. FWIW, I NEVER directly feed mine.

BKs7NWH.jpg

Lowstorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your flow like? My E. quadricolor moved right up into medium/high flow, and even when he's having a 'bad day' he never just flops over. He's either big or small, and when he's pooping (when they look their worst) he's still getting enough flow to move the tentacles a lot.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your flow like? My E. quadricolor moved right up into medium/high flow, and even when he's having a 'bad day' he never just flops over. He's either big or small, and when he's pooping (when they look their worst) he's still getting enough flow to move the tentacles a lot.

Tentacles moved okay, gently, not fully blown. Jebao RW8 dialled on speed 3 and not direct hit to the Anemone.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does the exact same thing. It actually divided about a week or so ago and now both of them behave like this. They moved to other locations after they divided so I assume they are happy where they are, just one of those things

Allenj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has been in the tank for 6 weeks now he shrinks upat jightnwithnthe lights off and he fills out every day when the lights are on. I tried feeding him and piece of shrimp the first week and he withdrew and took a couple of days to come back to normal, I researched and found out that they don't do well when over feed. So now I add thawed mysis shrimp to the tank for the fish ajd he always gets a couple and he seems really happy.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This BTA is like playing dead to me. This morning dawn when the light still off, he was inflated, tentacles are fat.

And now when the light is about to turn on, playing dead again.

I don't know if this BTA is happy or not, but am quite sure it's not dying, well not yet. If it keep playing this game, off to bin you go. Don't play this game with me. Angry angry man.

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, ambient light is OKAY right? The tank doesn't have to be in a pitch dark room, right?

I'm getting the feeling it thinks the ambient light is the source of his photosynthesis....

The Kessil light was set to max intensity of 50% at the moment, specially catered for the anemone.

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you don't want ambient light on the nem 24/7. At some point in 24hrs, it needs enough darkness to distinguish day and night. My nems will stay fully inflated and bubbles 24 hrs a day. They close when they want (to excrete waste or something makes it mad) but for the most part, nems will stay open the majority of the time....they may close some, some may ball up but they usually won't do all the time. I've had nems for many, many years and always recommend this read below....

http://www.karensroseanemones.net/

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back