Is my bubbletip ok?

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubbletip always looks like it's stretching off the rock. Is this normal? Are my lights not intense enough?? Tank is 65 gallon, 4' long using 2 Radion xr15 pro led lights. I straw feed it shrimp twice a week

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2649.PNG

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were is it place bottom, mid section or top?
Stop feeding it, I feed mu inferno never and it split every two months or sooner.
Give it good flow as it will find it's nutrients it self.

Axe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I known that stretching can be a sign of insufficient lighting. I would say your lights are capable of supporting one as long as it is somewhat centered under one of the lights. 2 of those lights on a 4' tank might have some shawdowing. I keep mine under a xr30 g3 pro and it does not stretch like that but my tank is only 35 gallons. I would set your lights to the ab+ program (that is what I have mine set on) as this light schedule has been proven to grow sps corals and should be good for a bta. This would at least rule out the lighting as a problem. Also you could list the parameters of your tank so others may chime in on that part of the equation. I only know the basics when it comes to water parameters. Good luck!

OP
OP
mpjmeyer

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it's place is mid section. I have the Gyre xf250 with the controller set at a max of 60% flow.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Schedules doesn't mean much to me, need to do the PAR thingie as in reference it will tell you if it gets enough.
Mine are under 400 to 500 par for about 4+hrs

Axe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to the ecotech website and then the coral lab section, download the spectrum and par link. This will tell you the different lighting programs. You can then view the settings without having to program the light through ecotech live and you can set your apex to the sps ab+ settings. I'm not sure if there is a way to load the program through apex or not as iam not very familiar with apex. If want to get par values for the light, bulk reef supply has a very informative video on the xr15 pro as well as the xr30 pro. Hope this helps :)

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure what's going on in here, but we don't honestly have enough info, to give you any reliable advice yet.

1. How far is it from your light?

2. How long have you had it?

3. Did it look like it just went through a powerhead when you got it, or has it gotten worse/better?

BTA's normally stick their foot in a crevice and then extend the base of their column towards a light. So that behavior is normal. What's bothering is the way the tentacles themselves look as they indicate issues with something, but we DO NOT have enough infor to even make a guess as to what.

OP
OP
mpjmeyer

mpjmeyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Radion XR15 pro's with the mounting arm so I would guess the bubbletip is about 1' 6"- 2' from the light. I've had it for about a month from my lfs. It doesn't look like it's been through a powerhead. Should I up the % of each time slot by 5% to see if I notice a difference over a weeks time?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back