Is my scallop on his death bed?

saltybench

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this guy for just under a month i believe and I’m worried about him. Just in the last few days his tissue seems like it’s retracting, I’m worried hes not looking good. What do you guys think? I got him some phytoplankton but I’m not sure how to tell if he’s eating

E48D8DA5-3A1E-4CBA-A0DF-383A913C9812.jpeg

OP
OP
S

saltybench

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this guy for just under a month i believe and I’m worried about him. Just in the last few days his tissue seems like it’s retracting, I’m worried hes not looking good. What do you guys think? I got him some phytoplankton but I’m not sure how to tell if he’s eating

E48D8DA5-3A1E-4CBA-A0DF-383A913C9812.jpeg
My nitrates, nitrites, and phosphate are all almost 0 (less than 1/2 ppm) my ph was 8.1 (I’ve been trying to get it up but nothing drastic) my salinity is 1.025 on the nose. I do weekly water changes, temp stays at a constant 76 f, if any other info is needed I’ll try my best

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it hangs open like that all the time its already dead :( looks to be close if not. If it reacts to stimuli and closes it might still be alive but like lord of cinder said they don't do well in reef tanks. Ive tried multiple and even with constant direct feeding I couldn't keep one alive.

OP
OP
S

saltybench

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it hangs open like that all the time its already dead :( looks to be close if not. If it reacts to stimuli and closes it might still be alive but like lord of cinder said they don't do well in reef tanks. Ive tried multiple and even with constant direct feeding I couldn't keep one alive.
He still reacts but very sluggish. :( that sucks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back