Is my scallop on his death bed?

saltybench

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2021
Messages
50
Reaction score
68
Location
ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this guy for just under a month i believe and I’m worried about him. Just in the last few days his tissue seems like it’s retracting, I’m worried hes not looking good. What do you guys think? I got him some phytoplankton but I’m not sure how to tell if he’s eating

E48D8DA5-3A1E-4CBA-A0DF-383A913C9812.jpeg
 
They generally do very poorly in aquariums. It is one of those animals that should stay in the ocean.
 
I’ve had this guy for just under a month i believe and I’m worried about him. Just in the last few days his tissue seems like it’s retracting, I’m worried hes not looking good. What do you guys think? I got him some phytoplankton but I’m not sure how to tell if he’s eating

E48D8DA5-3A1E-4CBA-A0DF-383A913C9812.jpeg
My nitrates, nitrites, and phosphate are all almost 0 (less than 1/2 ppm) my ph was 8.1 (I’ve been trying to get it up but nothing drastic) my salinity is 1.025 on the nose. I do weekly water changes, temp stays at a constant 76 f, if any other info is needed I’ll try my best
 
If it hangs open like that all the time its already dead :( looks to be close if not. If it reacts to stimuli and closes it might still be alive but like lord of cinder said they don't do well in reef tanks. Ive tried multiple and even with constant direct feeding I couldn't keep one alive.
 
If it hangs open like that all the time its already dead :( looks to be close if not. If it reacts to stimuli and closes it might still be alive but like lord of cinder said they don't do well in reef tanks. Ive tried multiple and even with constant direct feeding I couldn't keep one alive.
He still reacts but very sluggish. :( that sucks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new