is my tank leaking?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my wifes thirty-gallon 2month old aqueon 1dollar a gallon tank seems to be leaking at the bottom trim piece. I keep removing salt creep where the glass meets the trim only for it to return a day or two later. i see no water on the stand or on the cardboard underlayment. so is this a leak? there has been no water spilled over during my eye spy test. should I replace this tank with a more name-brand tank? or am I worrying over nothing? i mean salt creep is the result of evaped water.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
so my wifes thirty-gallon 2month old aqueon 1dollar a gallon tank seems to be leaking at the bottom trim piece. I keep removing salt creep where the glass meets the trim only for it to return a day or two later. i see no water on the stand or on the cardboard underlayment. so is this a leak? there has been no water spilled over during my eye spy test. should I replace this tank with a more name-brand tank? or am I worrying over nothing? i mean salt creep is the result of evaped water.
A test would be ro place paper towel around all four sides of top under trim and see if any get wet. At times, cheaper tanks are not fully sealed at the upper trim. You may also see water stains running down. If not and you have no components hanging, it may be

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqueon is a decent brand. Sometimes tanks are handled improperly by store employees/truckers. I like my aqueon tank more than my marineland

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 210 leaked from that trim. If it's not coming from top. You want to use a hair dryer, get all water out, for sure. And if you get salt creep you have seepage. Which means small leak

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 210 leaked from that trim. If it's not coming from top. You want to use a hair dryer, get all water out, for sure. And if you get salt creep you have seepage. Which means small leak
Not true, here's a picture of some salt creep on the bottom trim. It's there because of small water droplets dripping down the glass and settling against the trim piece. No leak here, but there's salt creep!
20211223_130457.jpg

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us won't drip water down while testing for leaks lol. What I stated stands

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water can stay trapped in the trim for awhile. I thought mine was leaking because the wood underneath would get wet after heavy spills. The water runs down the side then into the trim and finally runs out under the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back