Is PayPal reliable for scammers

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That has been my experience as well. Zelle was the only thing the scammer said they would accept. Then I got screwed. So consensus though. Would paypal protect me for this or should I pass?
I’d pass , but only it’s a Chalice. If it was a Glitter Goni I’d probably go for it in actuality

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d pass , but only it’s a Chalice. If it was a Glitter Goni I’d probably go for it in actuality
Wow I didn’t see how tiny it was…yeah nah

OP
OP
ReeferBill

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. That’s why I love this community. Made me worried when he said he wasn’t part of r2r. Appreciate the expertise. I’ll pass.

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
copy and paste the image to google and see if its a online site with the coral. If he will take PayPal goods and services then more than likely its not a scam but these scammers are getting kind of ballsy now. Cashapp. Venmo and Zelle are the ones scammers usually use

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. That’s why I love this community. Made me worried when he said he wasn’t part of r2r. Appreciate the expertise. I’ll pass.
If you’re really that into rainbow chalices just do a google search. Just for the heck of it I just did and there’s reputable vendors that might have what you want for possibly even less.

OP
OP
ReeferBill

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He initially said that’s all he would take. But then I said I only use PayPal and suddenly he had an account. Worried he will get my payment and shut down his account and disappear.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's think of this post from a scammers point of view...

Thank you for offering me tips and tricks and really appreciate the advice...
Nothing to do with my aquarium but thanks for another post, it will help me train my hackers/ web surfers/ business better

OP
OP
ReeferBill

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's think of this post from a scammers point of view...

Thank you for offering me tips and tricks and really appreciate the advice...
Nothing to do with my aquarium but thanks for another post, it will help me train my hackers/ web surfers/ business better
What??

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use your credit card or just don't buy it if you think a scam.
Easy... talk to PayPal they have 24hr help if you want to use this method for payment they will verify before your purchase.

'what'
What's this post about please as I'm lost in translation..

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think this might help: "The protection offered allows you to challenge a transaction within 45 days, pretty much paypal will cover fraud pending an investigation if the claim is submitted within that time frame. However "buyer protection" does NOT cover live animal purchases."

Second - if you decide to use PayPal - you would want to make it clear that it was for xxx Pictured (i.e. an item).

Third - The name sounds a bit odd to me.

Jamie814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys,
I found a guy on Facebook that has an amazing chalice for a decent price. He is giving me the scammer vibes but agreed to use PayPal for payment. I know in the past I’ve used that and if there is an issue with the coral arriving alive or at all PayPal protects the buyer. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience? It’s a $350 coral so not cheap for me. Any advice would be great.
Thanks.
PayPal backed up by using a credit card for funds. First line of defense against fraud is a PayPal claim. If that fails, you do a charge back with the credit card. This is your safest way should you choose to go through with the purchase.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back