Is the KCRA still out there?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we have a group and will have the 'joinable' part done in the next couple of days on the website (kcreefclub.com) (soon to be .org). Do we simply send you the link to the group area and then assign one of us to moderate on R2R?
I was more speaking to how it works on the backend here. https://www.reef2reef.com/account/join-user-groups
All of those are joinable user groups.
Takes an admin (like Daniel) to set it up though. I defer to him now. :)

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figure you can be the leader since you have already invest time!

I am happy to HELP. Whenever people get or someone gets excited about being the "leader" I get nervous so lets just all have a good friendly and helpful group here in KC. I like the idea of multiple people just helping and being courteous...

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to HELP. Whenever people get or someone gets excited about being the "leader" I get nervous so lets just all have a good friendly and helpful group here in KC. I like the idea of multiple people just helping and being courteous...
Oh for sure. I didnt know if there needed to be a leader assigned in order to create the group on here.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad to see this movement get legs! I think we are on to something. If I can help in any way @KCSUMPS let me know.

Maybe we could set up an organizational/board meeting to lay out an agenda and brainstorm some meeting ideas?

I’ll offer up my basement bar sometime here in OP for some of us to get it going.

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad to see this movement get legs! I think we are on to something. If I can help in any way @KCSUMPS let me know.

Maybe we could set up an organizational/board meeting to lay out an agenda and brainstorm some meeting ideas?

I’ll offer up my basement bar sometime here in OP for some of us to get it going.

Excellent. I am in OP as well so will be a quick commute... we are working the club stuff here on R2R and have some LFS contacts so the more the merrier. May want to check out the fledgling website at kcreefclub.com

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All those following - I have created an email ([email protected]) and can add the initial guys to that if you want. maybe something to talk to if /when we meet. I also have the kcreefclub.com domain so each person could have their own email (for free of course) on that if you want to separate your personal email from this stuff and that you could hand out for stuff separate from your personal inbox...? Just fun thoughts for now...

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much KCSumps for doin that. I sent an email to that gmail to start an 'official' list?

Sounds good. I have never been part of an online club before so please let me know what the pitfalls are and how we can avoid those and just have a 'cooperative and healthy' group rather than a sales/know it all/pestering type group... :)

OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was more speaking to how it works on the backend here. https://www.reef2reef.com/account/join-user-groups
All of those are joinable user groups.
Takes an admin (like Daniel) to set it up though. I defer to him now. :)
No, we don't have one of those but would like one... :) . Looks like about 8 people on r2r right now would be interested and I think I can have some folks on a group on facebook join here (and get some more value)...

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
KCSUMPS

KCSUMPS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys want to meet up and discuss just let me know when is good. I can make time pretty much any time except Friday nights and Monday mornings... if you want to meet at the house of one of us that is fine or we can grab a room with a whiteboard at one of the libraries - it would be fun just to talk about what each of us is doing and if a club would help (and how it could be a pain or what we DON'T want) us and have fun...

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys want to meet up and discuss just let me know when is good. I can make time pretty much any time except Friday nights and Monday mornings... if you want to meet at the house of one of us that is fine or we can grab a room with a whiteboard at one of the libraries - it would be fun just to talk about what each of us is doing and if a club would help (and how it could be a pain or what we DON'T want) us and have fun...

That’s a good idea, the Johnson County Library has those rooms you can book online. If a few of us gather to hash out out some ideas I think it would great. Let’s get a count of who would be interested in an organizational meeting? Then we can find out a common day/time. So far we make two! I prob just can’t do Saturday mornings/afternoons. Otherwise evenings and Sunday’s are prob good for me.

Almondkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KCSUMPS, this is all terrific. You really have gotten the group jump started with all you have done. Thank you! I cam be pretty flexible on when we meet so will watch for when everyone wants to get together. Thank you again

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back