Is the Trident really almost here!?! Super excited about this update from Neptune!!

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's out and about in the figment of someone's imagination. No it's just like the three pronged spear it's outdated and not really needed. Haha But for the believers just keep going with the standard reply "It will be out next quarter" they just aren't saying quarter of what year, decade, or century! LOL
Haha that’s funny. Guess they’re having problems with it

BOWHUNTER4250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard they are having issues with it as far as not dosing correct amount consistently to maintain proper levels ? but again that is just hear say ? This unit will be around the 700.00 mark roughly ...... personally if i were spending at least 700.00 on an Alk monitor i will spend the extra money and get the Alkatronics , yes this is 900.00 plus about a years worth of regent will be another 100.00 so for an extra 300.00 the Alkatonics not only monitors your Alk it will also adjust your dosing amount to compensate up or down , it can also be connected to Apex and adjust Ca reactor ...

this unit has been out for a while and has documented history , i would not jump on this band wagon just yet for the Trident until its been out for a while and used with most of the bugs worked out ? Granted i run Apex and i would not run another tank without one , i too was anxious for this but doing a little more looking around and listening i think this will take some time yet before they can perfect the Trident ? just my 2 cents .

carry on :)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Triton users the regular Cal and Mag test may actually be pretty useful. After about 14 months now of running Triton my Cal and Mag levels are getting out of line with equal core 7 doses as corals mature. Having regular Cal and Mag tests will help me tweak the Core 7 1 and 2 doses to maintain balance.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard they are having issues with it as far as not dosing correct amount consistently to maintain proper levels ? but again that is just hear say ? This unit will be around the 700.00 mark roughly ...... personally if i were spending at least 700.00 on an Alk monitor i will spend the extra money and get the Alkatronics , yes this is 900.00 plus about a years worth of regent will be another 100.00 so for an extra 300.00 the Alkatonics not only monitors your Alk it will also adjust your dosing amount to compensate up or down , it can also be connected to Apex and adjust Ca reactor ...

this unit has been out for a while and has documented history , i would not jump on this band wagon just yet for the Trident until its been out for a while and used with most of the bugs worked out ? Granted i run Apex and i would not run another tank without one , i too was anxious for this but doing a little more looking around and listening i think this will take some time yet before they can perfect the Trident ? just my 2 cents .

carry on :)
So much incorrect conjecture in this post. I don't know where people get their information.

First, auto-corrected dosing has not yet been given to NSI so that first statement is 100% nonsense as no one outside NS even has seen it.
Second, we have stated all along it will be less than $600 when in releases - since day 1.
Third, we have the Trident out with a good sized group of reef-keeping experts right now.

Lastly, any comparison to the Alkatronic that is fair will include the features (what does it test other than Alk), price, ease of use, size, noise level, etc. I fully expect fair comparisons will be made by someone once the Trident is out. It will not be much longer...

For those genuinely interested in this product, please hang in there and continue to have patience - we are all here working so hard to bring you a great product.

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much incorrect conjecture in this post. I don't know where people get their information.

First, auto-corrected dosing has not yet been given to NSI so that first statement is 100% nonsense as no one outside NS even has seen it.
Second, we have stated all along it will be less than $600 when in releases - since day 1.
Third, we have the Trident out with a good sized group of reef-keeping experts right now.

Lastly, any comparison to the Alkatronic that is fair will include the features (what does it test other than Alk), price, ease of use, size, noise level, etc. I fully expect fair comparisons will be made by someone once the Trident is out. It will not be much longer...

For those genuinely interested in this product, please hang in there and continue to have patience - we are all here working so hard to bring you a great product.

Blast blast shots fire but very true! thank you for those FACTS, upgrading my apex jr to next week to get ready for this trident!

U

User1

View Badges
There has been a couple posts on this board by actual testers with factual information (within reason of course). The people who are testing or who replied are pretty dang reliable and have systems that will surely put it to test. So far based on what they provided I think the feedback to Neptune is solid and reliable.

@Terence - if you guys didn't I wish you would have tried to reach o2manyfish. I think he has a pretty solid system a little outside the norm of other users with his indoor and outdoor tank in So Cal. Not that you asked me but wanted to toss out a recommendation for what it is worth.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an Apex user and have been waiting on the Trident.
I may still buy one when it gets released but I went ahead and got a Reef Kinetics ReefBot.
I have more than 1 tank so buying the Trident down the line is not out the picture but I was intrigued with the idea of automatically testing MORE than the big 3.

Last edited:

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an Apex user and have been waiting on the Trident.
I may still buy one when it gets released but I went ahead and got a Reef Kinetics ReefBot.
I have more than 1 tank so Trident is not out the picture but I was intrigued with the idea of automatically testing MORE than the big 3.
It would be so amazing for you to give an objective review of them both, not for comparison against each other but for pros/cons, day to day ownership, costs, maintenance of each device and then lock & sticky the thread for everyone to be able to get solid and direct information without unsubstantiated claims and hearsay. If they want that they can open yet another A vs. B thread and debate all they want there.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be so amazing for you to give an objective review of them both, not for comparison against each other but for pros/cons, day to day ownership, costs, maintenance of each device and then lock & sticky the thread for everyone to be able to get solid and direct information without unsubstantiated claims and hearsay. If they want that they can open yet another A vs. B thread and debate all they want there.

Not a bad idea.
After spending the money for the ReefBot, I don't see a Trident in my immediate future. (Unless Neptune Systems wants to send me one to test and compare)

In all fairness, the two platforms are basically the same but go about their jobs differently.
With the ReefBot, it is regular testing with regular test reagents you use today like Red Sea, Salifert, API and so forth. It performs the tests via robot and reads color like a Hanna checker. You have the opportunity to test multiple things though. Not limited to the Big 3. The list of things the ReefBot can test for is growing.
Right now, I will have mine set up to test for Calcium, Alk, Mag, Nitrate and Phosphate. The ReefBot takes "human error" out of the equation for these tests. You can also schedule when you want the ReefBot to perform whatever tests you want, whenever you like.
Test Alk every Tuesday. Test calcium every other day. Test Mag once a month. Test nitrate every other week. All automatically. OR... test on demand.

I am not going to post anymore about the ReefBot in this thread.
I apologize for hijacking this thread.
That was not my intention.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
One more quarter !!

united-states-quarter-front.png

rob safron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even when it’s released, when would an everyday reefer be able to get their hands on one. I can only imagine the backorder will be for months if not a year.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been a couple posts on this board by actual testers with factual information (within reason of course). The people who are testing or who replied are pretty dang reliable and have systems that will surely put it to test. So far based on what they provided I think the feedback to Neptune is solid and reliable.

@Terence - if you guys didn't I wish you would have tried to reach o2manyfish. I think he has a pretty solid system a little outside the norm of other users with his indoor and outdoor tank in So Cal. Not that you asked me but wanted to toss out a recommendation for what it is worth.

Yep...

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost think it's part of the marketing strategy... It seems like it's been ready for a while now, but they are going to keep us waiting. I doubt they have the supply on hand to meet the demand that's been created.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back