Is there something wrong with my clowns?

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to remove a ton of rock to get out a very aggressive fish. But now my clowns are acting really weird.

Doesn't seem to be any parasite issue but they aren't eating which I assume is from the stress as they ate happily the day before I removed the aggressive fish. It's been a 16 hours since the fish was removed (one night) and now I'm getting really concerned.

I'm also fighting dinos at the moment. But otherwise the tanks water parameters are pretty normal.

All inverts are doing fine

Clowns have been in tank for 2 months and only have a neon goby in tank.
Snails hermits shrimps urchin also

Last edited:

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long since you introduced clowns? How long has your aquarium cycled? What other fish/ invertebrate do you have :)

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flow looks really strong. Can you try and turn it down clownfish are really poor swimmers and that may be why. Clownfish just act weird sometimes. That’s how they got the name.
They never had a problem with it before, she isn't really fighting it but I can definitely try slowing it down. It's a reefwave45.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned that you moved a bunch of rock. I suspect the clowns are stressed, as you have also moved their "neighborhood" around. Give them a few days to calm down, and reestablish their territory.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned that you moved a bunch of rock. I suspect the clowns are stressed, as you have also moved their "neighborhood" around. Give them a few days to calm down, and reestablish their territory.
+1
They just went under a lot of stress and will take a bit to adjust.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it should be days before they are normal again? Like I removed almost all of them. I'll show a before and after. I love these guys so much I'm so concerned.

In the after, I had the arch and cave out as well. The aggressive sapphire damsel killed my foxface and switched targets onto my clowns, it was an all or nothing for me. I hope they are ok.

Attachments

• 20220527_220443.jpg
    20220527_220443.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220811_163559.jpg
    20220811_163559.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
They just went under a lot of stress and will take a bit to adjust.
OK. Sharkbait, I remember you from the last post I made. Thanks again for help over there. You think their swimming pattern is normal after that? Check for my response to Matt for a before and after what I did to the rocks. I'm just hoping they aren't being poisoned by something

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it should be days before they are normal again? Like I removed almost all of them. I'll show a before and after. I love these guys so much I'm so concerned.

In the after, I had the arch and cave out as well. The aggressive sapphire damsel killed my foxface and switched targets onto my clowns, it was an all or nothing for me. I hope they are ok.
It could be days, but could be less. Think of re arranging the rock like moving you and your neighbors' houses around. You and they would likely be stressed from it. I think they will be okay, but the #fishmedic may have more precise info for you.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be days, but could be less. Think of re arranging the rock like moving you and your neighbors' houses around. You and they would likely be stressed from it. I think they will be okay, but the #fishmedic may have more precise info for you.
Ok but would this explain the "lazy-ish" swimming? She looks like she can't find the energy to fight the powerhead. It's only 30% power. And she's flipping from side to side sometimes

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the params - you may have kicked a lot of detritus up.
I did, I have extremely low like almost if not 0 nitrates and phosphates, hence the dinos. I have a solution. I have 0 ammonia reading, and that's all I can test. I didn't get to order the other ones yet.

What should I be looking into particularly?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, I have extremely low like almost if not 0 nitrates and phosphates. I have 0 ammonia reading, and that's all I can test. I didn't get to order the other ones yet.

What should I be looking into particularly?
Ammonia was what I was worried about.
Keep an eye on it for now and calm down flow a bit.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe they are just exhausted.
in my experience if you feel you have to post something it means it's troubling you or your mind about your aquarium so for example your clownfish acting weird, you can change alot of things before requesting help of others like, for instance.. the speed of your wavemakers? Basic husbandry is key to owning an aquarium, I'm sure you have alot of knowledge and it's your aquarium at the end of the day.
:)

Back