Is this a tear in the anemones foot?

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1ED9AD9C-C3D9-4D59-8B9B-4CF2D0D72365.jpeg

Is this a tear in the foot? My cleaner shrimp has been messing around with him for a bit. He’s a long tentacle and has been in here for a month now. This is the first time I’ve seen him move in a month. Is it a tear? Maybe a weird fold? He is opened in the picture. I don’t have anything that may pick at it except a copperband butterfly and a foxface but I don’t think they eat anemones. Thank you

Params if they help:

1.026sg Salinity
425ppm Calcium
8.6 dKH Alkalinity
1080ppm Magnesium
.1ppm Nitrate
.07ppm Phosphate

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I answered my own question. My foxface is picking at the tear. I’m not sure if he caused the tear though. I saw him like two weeks ago picking at his tentacles but I brushed it off thinking he was stealing food from him

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look too bad to me (at least under that lighting). I would keep a close watch on it and maybe put a rock or obstacle to prevent that area from being picked at more by the foxface or other critters. I've had a black widow nem with a small tear on it's foot that healed up just fine.

OP
OP
JumpingFlea

JumpingFlea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't look too bad to me (at least under that lighting). I would keep a close watch on it and maybe put a rock or obstacle to prevent that area from being picked at more by the foxface or other critters. I've had a black widow nem with a small tear on it's foot that healed up just fine.
I’ll keep an eye on it and sees if it finds a spot. Thank you

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back