Is this Aiptasia?

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering how I should go about this and any help is greatly appreciated. My LFS (totally cool people) hooked me up a zoa frag with my order. 2 days later I'm seeing what I believe is aiptasia but I wanted to confirm with the more experienced. If it is indeed aiptasia I have read these are worse than vermatid which has been my biggest challenge so far so definitely having concerns. I pulled that frag out and put it in my half gallon tank that I typically use for coral dips , would it be rude to give it back to the LFS?

20201114_152249.jpg

Attachments

• 20201114_152254.mp4
    29 MB

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering how I should go about this and any help is greatly appreciated. My LFS (totally cool people) hooked me up a zoa frag with my order. 2 days later I'm seeing what I believe is aiptasia but I wanted to confirm with the more experienced. If it is indeed aiptasia I have read these are worse than vermatid which has been my biggest challenge so far so definitely having concerns. I pulled that frag out and put it in my half gallon tank that I typically use for coral dips , would it be rude to give it back to the LFS?

20201114_152249.jpg
Appears to be aiptasia.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for aiptasia
You can have a quick look, some of the methods to get rid of it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If its just i,2 or 3 you see. . . simply mix some kalkwasser powder into a paste and using a syringe, squirt some into its center core and it will melt away

OP
OP
M

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for aiptasia
You can have a quick look, some of the methods to get rid of it

Thanks shnici! Always helpin me out that article had a few methods I did not see online. I'm thinkin I'll do the ro/di dip then try to remove it and superglue the spot on the frag it was at. It would be a few days before I could aquire aiptasia x but maybe I'm being over paranoid leaving it in the DT

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks shnici! Always helping me out that article had a few methods I did not see online. I'm thinkin I'll do the ro/di dip then try to remove it and superglue the spot on the frag it was at. It would be a few days before I could aquire aiptasia x but maybe I'm being over paranoid leaving it in the DT
be very careful with that Palythoas on the plug! They can squirt water, which can have PALYTOXIN in it, which is dangerous, they aren't going to be happy from the RO/DI. take measurements to do it with gloves and cover if can your face, just in case

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I'll give that a shot! Quite literally i guess
better that instead of the ro/di with Palythoas near.
when you use that method, stop all you water flow (return pump and wave makers). after 3-5 minutes turn them back on.

OP
OP
M

MidlifeCrifish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be very careful with that Palythoas on the plug! They can squirt water, which can have PALYTOXIN in it, which is dangerous, they aren't going to be happy from the RO/DI. take measurements to do it with gloves and cover if can your face, just in case
I didn't know they could squirt water thank you really valuable health safety info I'm gettin right now will likely move them to a tank out of my kids reach

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%

Back