Is this an early versa pump? (leaking)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, is this an early versa pump? It's not holding prime, leaks air (above water lines), and is not calibrating correctly. I read that it should have two o-rings and if not email them for a replacement? What is their email?

(I've had the pump in the box for a long time >1yr, just hooked it up)

PXL_20230109_160024058.jpg PXL_20230109_160028965.jpg

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slide off the cover and snap a photo.

I can tell you from those photos you already uploaded, it's one of the newer ones... and seeing the rotor will confirm how new.

It definitely looks like there's a 2nd o ring where the cover is on the tube assembly.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Slide off the cover and snap a photo.

I can tell you from those photos you already uploaded, it's one of the newer ones... and seeing the rotor will confirm how new.

It definitely looks like there's a 2nd o ring where the cover is on the tube assembly.

Attachments

• PXL_20230109_161143251.jpg
    PXL_20230109_161143251.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 36

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that's one of the newer ones. And you can also see the double o ring in the tube assembly as well.

But if you're having issues with siphoning, I would recommend pulling off the tube assembly and try to wiggle the rotor. It shouldn't have any play.

There might be movement up and down aligned with the rotor shaft, that is normal. But side to side wiggle would suggest an issue.

Something else that it could be is having it sitting in the box for a year might have created some deformation in the tube. It doesn't mean the tube assembly is bad, it just needs to either be ran for a bit to relax the flat spots, or placing the tube assembly in a bath of hot water to get it to retake its natural form.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, that's one of the newer ones. And you can also see the double o ring in the tube assembly as well.

But if you're having issues with siphoning, I would recommend pulling off the tube assembly and try to wiggle the rotor. It shouldn't have any play.

There might be movement up and down aligned with the rotor shaft, that is normal. But side to side wiggle would suggest an issue.

Something else that it could be is having it sitting in the box for a year might have created some deformation in the tube. It doesn't mean the tube assembly is bad, it just needs to either be ran for a bit to relax the flat spots, or placing the tube assembly in a bath of hot water to get it to retake its natural form.
So something is still not right. I re cut the ro tubing and placed it directly into my sump. On the output it will not calibrate properly and keeps losing prime. I took a video of it pumping, you can see air coming into the tubing right away continuously. I also ran about 10k ml through it to soften/reform the tubing. Ideas?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly can't see bubbles in that video. However, the good news is that there's nothing mechanically wrong with the pump.

You're pulling air and is more than likely the tube assembly o-rings. You can try to rub some silicone grease around the ro tube to try and seal it, but I would suggest replacing it altogether.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back