Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just plucked two polyps off my dragonseye colony because they were turning a bruised color. Pics attached. Now I had some white zombies (which were eaten by a crab who had since been banished back to the LFS) who grew this same color but opened and ate and were fine for months. Is this just some kind of algea growing in my tank on my Zoa? Or is it BJD and everything needs a dip?

8E540A0C-F459-4D0B-9FA8-0C3A2B98594C.jpeg E565FE35-C24D-42EE-A805-5EA9290793A2.jpeg

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@footgal ?
I’ve had frags fall and then they look off on color. But TBH I have no idea what’s going on with yours. Pictures prior to plucking may have been more useful.

where they still opening?

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@footgal ?
I’ve had frags fall and then they look off on color. But TBH I have no idea what’s going on with yours. Pictures prior to plucking may have been more useful.

where they still opening?
Yeah they were. I just noticed it like today. Yesterday they were normal in color. Had my biocube bust on me though so they got thrown into a backup tank and the light is not as good as my previous tank (I ripped the biocube hood off and it’s sitting on top of plexiglass on top of a nanocube). Nothing else in there looks bad or sick or anything.

Edit: That’s what happen to my zombies. They fell and turned a bruised color. These couldn’t have fallen but I have several very large, very stupid hermits.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back