Is this good advice??

Fishies2019

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
13
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I currently have a 15 gallon fluval flex with a stock LED strip for lighting
Tank is about 3 months old with green bay packer zoas, xena, clowns, one royal gramma, cleaner shrimp, live rock, and 1mushroom. Ive noticed my zoas open and close occasionally. PH-8.1, SAL 1.026, ammonia 0.50 ppm. I was told to improve my lighting to get a SECOND LED stock fluval light. And that having TWO LED stock lights would help for my coral in the future and at the moment. Good advice? Thoughts?

59147017423__E2229D68-91E7-4C8B-981A-FD6E6D639100-1.jpeg
 
No. not good advice in my opinion.

Not sure the dimensions on that tank, but an AI Prime or one of the smaller 165w Black-Box LEDs would be better suited to grow some coral
Thank you! The adviced sounded "fishy" to me. I wanted to check thank you!!
 
I would agree that better lighting could be worth while. However, I would not get another stock light. I would opt for an AI Prime HD. It would work BEAUTIFULLY on that tank.
Will do thank you so much!
 
I would agree that better lighting could be worth while. However, I would not get another stock light. I would opt for an AI Prime HD. It would work BEAUTIFULLY on that tank.

I agree. I run a single AI Prime HD on my Fluval Evo, works perfectly and I have much higher demands than you. With the app, you can tune it up or down to your needs. It's really nice.
 
I have an AI Prime on my Red Sea Max Nano (20g cube) and it works well. I just have nems in that tank, so I don’t know about SPS etc, but googling and setting a “program” for it is pretty nice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new