Is this ICH again?!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's bacterial it can be very hard to eliminate bacterial infections during copper. The antibiotics will more or less control it.

Which is why I really like using NFG post copper. It will usually take care of anything lingering.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's bacterial it can be very hard to eliminate bacterial infections during copper. The antibiotics will more or less control it.

Which is why I really like using NFG post copper. It will usually take care of anything lingering.

Okay. So, just to put my mind at ease. After 14 days, on day 15 move them to a sterile tank. Regardless if the hippo still looks like this? Then treat the observation tank with NFG?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. So, just to put my mind at ease. After 14 days, on day 15 move them to a sterile tank. Regardless if the hippo still looks like this? Then treat the observation tank with NFG?
So long as copper has been therapeutic for 14 days. I would move him yes. Then you need to deworm and possibly treat with NFG.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long as copper has been therapeutic for 14 days. I would move him yes. Then you need to deworm and possibly treat with NFG.

Yes, since the reset we have not dipped below 1.70. And just to clarify, NFG and Furan2 are the same thing? Lol sorry, I’m losing my mind over this.

Is it worth feeding metroplex at this point?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, since the reset we have not dipped below 1.70. And just to clarify, NFG and Furan2 are the same thing? Lol sorry, I’m losing my mind over this.

Is it worth feeding metroplex at this point?
NFG is not the same as Furan2.

Yes I would feed metroplex.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’m home and took a good look at him.

The white dots resemble grains of sugar and are def raised from his body. He appears to be the only one. Should I go ahead with a FW bath to rule out Flukes again?

@4FordFamily
@HotRocks

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’m home and took a good look at him.

The white dots resemble grains of sugar and are def raised from his body. He appears to be the only one. Should I go ahead with a FW bath to rule out Flukes again?

@4FordFamily
@HotRocks

And you’re sure they’re not bumps like pimples? Those can happen in tangs in copper, as a reaction to it.

You can dip again if you wish. Look for “sesame seeds” falling off.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you’re sure they’re not bumps like pimples? Those can happen in tangs in copper, as a reaction to it.

You can dip again if you wish. Look for “sesame seeds” falling off.

I just stepped to pick up dinner but I will put my camera to work After dinner. We both think it’s attached to him but I promise I’ll get a good shot of him today

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 8: Copper 1.74. I’ve started metro and focus with their feeding and they don’t care how it tastes. They’re incredibly good eaters. Very active while I’m down there.

Here are some pictures I snapped with my camera. Not the best but better than my iPhone. He’s incredibly hard to catch as he’s constantly swimming.

10741443360_IMG_1103.JPG

10740738704_IMG_1117.JPG
10741521248_IMG_1124.JPG

10741437792_IMG_1129.JPG
10741606240_IMG_1139.JPG

Im doing a large 50-60% water change tomorrow. I’ll maintain copper but aside from that, what else should I or would you be doing if you were me.

As a recap of what they’ve had:
I’m feeding with Metro now and I did one full treatment of Furan2 and Kanaplex. I did half of a second treatment but they seemed a bit stressed so I discontinued. Prior to entering this round of copper, they had a 5 minute freshwater dip and a 90 minutes Rally bath

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a microscope? I would think a scraping would be helpful. I really want to see what that looks like under a microscope. That does not look like ich to me. Pictures are just so hard. It sure looks like pictures of velvet but sloughing and sliming can look like velvet to me. Continue doing what hot rocks and ford said until you hear otherwise from one of them.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a microscope? I would think a scraping would be helpful. I really want to see what that looks like under a microscope. That does not look like ich to me. Pictures are just so hard. It sure looks like pictures of velvet but sloughing and sliming can look like velvet to me. Continue doing what hot rocks and ford said until you hear otherwise from one of them.

No microscope :/ should I just ship him to you?! lol. This is so defeating. He’s doing super well, otherwise. Probably the most active in the tank!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are dealing with flukes or a worm of some sort. Highly recommend a FW dip.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No microscope :/ should I just ship him to you?! lol. This is so defeating. He’s doing super well, otherwise. Probably the most active in the tank!
A cheap kids microscope diagnosed dinos for me. They have some for 50-100 bucks on amazon. If you want one...but hot rocks has as suggestion, so let us know what you see this time.

OP
OP
Dubs83

Dubs83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is where I start to tap out.

My wrasse insists on sleeping between the glass and the heater. I give him sand, small PVC pipe to sleep in but nope, between heater and the glass. He looks awful.

Yellow tang, infection is back. His lips/mouth reddish brown. Doesn’t look like he can open it as he’s not interested in food. Breathing heavily and not very energetic.

Purple tang, covered in the same stuff the hippo tang is covered in.

No need to mention the hippo as he’s friggen covered in it.

I’m ready to lose my mind here shortly.

I guess a large water change and every one getting a FW dip AGAIN.

I’ll start Furan2 and kanaplex again for the rest of the week. But I’m starting to lose hope. A month now and it’s always something new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back