is this normal

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys, anyone want to tell me, is this just the normal ugly phase or am I doing something wrong here?

Changed tank to white so you can see it better but I run a much bluer spectrum (Radions LPS template without moon light)

Parameters are below
Alk 8.4
Mag 1400
Cal 420
pH 8.2
No2 0
No3 1
Po4 0.07
Ammonia 0
Salinity 1.026 or 34ppt

Screenshot_20210913-185400.jpg

OP
OP
ClownFish664

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the normal uglies, how old is the tank?
It's like 6 or 7 month's old, but honestly its been super slow to mature, I still had Ammonia at month 2 and the cycle only "finished" at like month 3 honestly. It seems to be going through the phases slowly. But I'm seeing hair algae and other cyano or Dino's, pretty sure it's Dino's as it clumps back together in a matter of minutes and coats everything again.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's like 6 or 7 month's old, but honestly its been super slow to mature, I still had Ammonia at month 2 and the cycle only "finished" at like month 3 honestly. It seems to be going through the phases slowly. But I'm seeing hair algae and other cyano or Dino's, pretty sure it's Dino's as it clumps back together in a matter of minutes and coats everything again.
do they go away when the lights are off? Algae is good and will work itself out in most cases, dinos are a pain in the butt lol

OP
OP
ClownFish664

ClownFish664

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do they go away when the lights are off? Algae is good and will work itself out in most cases, dinos are a pain in the butt lol
I don't believe it goes away when lights go out, can't say I really notice in all honesty. Though it's coating rock and substrate. It definitely doesn't leave the rock at night I know that for sure

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back