Is this STN?

James-reefer2017

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2018
Messages
77
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This huge blue stylo has been in my tank for years from baby, I thought it’s a very strong,health and easy care one. This was happening a few days ago and I saw crabs keeping stick there eating the tissues. Seems each day gets more tissue off, Last year tank even got crash, the stylo got survived. Do someone know what’s going on? Any idea to save it? I checked all parameters all normal except ALk little high around 10, before around 8.50-9, my all other Acros which are more sensitive ones are all fine.

0C3AB9E4-1FAC-41F5-BFB3-F56A59487A70.jpeg


BBA269BD-0DD6-44BA-A10C-1FB43A36327B.jpeg


EA6DD4BB-0917-4636-B2B3-54E4F7B8E627.jpeg
 
Looks like STN to me. I would frag off the healthier pieces and hope that those survive.
 
If it’s STN, there is no way to stop? Is it keeping spread? What I’m doing now is reducing ALk dosing and adding more Calcium dosing that is 420 around now.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new