Is Vibrant product obsolete?

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the past recent event with the false claim of the product, I see that all my LFS no longer carries them. I haven't followed this fiasco much, but did the manufacturer release a statement about the findings?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Given the past recent event with the false claim of the product, I see that all my LFS no longer carries them. I haven't followed this fiasco much, but did the manufacturer release a statement about the findings?
i don't recall if they did release a statement, but basically they lost their credibility and from that moment on hobbyists became "obsessed" in a way of wanting to know what's in certain products. i'm sure some still use it, but at least they know what to expect in terms of die off or the dino/cyano that sometimes follows

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is now a new required label
US EPA, Pesticide Product Label, Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner,07/13/2023 [pdf]
and some users have seen bottles sold with that new label.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/u...tonium-chloride-busan-77.893292/post-12297479

The label confirms that the ingredient is the same chemical as algaecides sold by other companies such as API, Fritz, Tetra etc, etc.... (companies who did not spend years mislabeling their algaecide as something else entirely, for those who care about such things.)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 38 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 45 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%

Back