It was a good start.

hopper805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may need a lot of help so you might think twice about being friendly. Lol But for real I picked up a 60 gallon tank with fish and frogs spawn coral for free from a homeowner that I did a job for . Why she didnt want it anymore I dont know. It mine now and I love it. All the coral died and now Im sad. So here I am open to any helpful tips that makes my tank come back to life. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping directly into saltwater can be difficult but it can also be quite simple. I recommend reading as much as you can. Water quality is one of the most important parts of keeping saltwater. There are different needs for different corals as well as fish.

Happy reefing! And don’t be scared to ask a million questions. No question is stupid around here. People here are here to help and won’t criticize you. I think most people are happy to help because they want to see your tank inhabitants survive just as much as you do.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

tenor.gif

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Don't worry, we will get you aimed in the right direction. So... you got a saltwater tank and the corals all died? When you moved the tank, did you keep the water that was in it? Or did you make new water? If so, was it from the tap? I do not know what items you may have received with the tank but, you may want to invest in a test kit. Making sure you have the correct ph, no ammonia, no nitrites, etc. Also you want to get yourself a refractometer to make sure the salinity is at the right levels. Drastic swings in water parameters can upset the things in your tank. It's all about water quality and stability and being able to care and maintain on a regular schedule.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the REEF @hopper805!! There is a lot of great information here in the forum and many great members that will be happy to help you out so please ask all the questions that you like. We are all happy to help you get things back on track. And if you seem stuck and cant find an answer please feel free to send me a message and I will be happy to help.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! As others have mentioned, water quality is important and being able to test and understand that water quality is a key to getting started so a good test kit should be part of your reefing equipment.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and to the hobby. Please take a look at the thread @SPR1968 linked above as a great starting point. We are all here to help answer questions when needed.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to da club!

Knowledge you seek. Reading is where you will find.

Start with the guide posted above, very well written and great info.

Google anything you don't fully understand, grasp, or seems confusing. You will learn tons of stuff about everything reef related while searching for specific answers.

Lastly, post questions on the forums! Everyone love to help around here.

Don't forget PICTURES! We love pictures.

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!! You're in the right place to get the help you need! There's a ton of cool peeps here, that want nothing more than to help you be successful. So ask away, and let's get that reef beautiful again:)

I may need a lot of help so you might think twice about being friendly. Lol But for real I picked up a 60 gallon tank with fish and frogs spawn coral for free from a homeowner that I did a job for . Why she didnt want it anymore I dont know. It mine now and I love it. All the coral died and now Im sad. So here I am open to any helpful tips that makes my tank come back to life. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here is how we can help . Tell us the following:
What would you like to see in your tank
What is your budget
Do you have certain fish in mind
Are you planning on adding coral or just fish only?
what type of light came with tank ?
Do you have test kits?

Pics will be an asset to assisting you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back