Its been a while!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The one thing I am having an issue with it is I've had it for a few days and keep finding it on its side. Today I put it on a small piece of rock to see if it like that better. Idk if it's the flow or if it's trying to move. Should I just leave it instead of putting it back up?
I don't think they like sand in their mantles, but if it's moving it may not like where it is.

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few updates. I ended up moving the clam to the other side of the tank and it has been happy since. So that's good!

Cant wait to get my new light. I've been running my black box led's with just blue on. Every time I turn on the whites my sand turns a rusty brown color. I'm use to these light causing and algae bloom from previous tanks both saltwater and freshwater. Even with the white on the lowest setting. So big Hope's for the noopsyche light.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A few updates. I ended up moving the clam to the other side of the tank and it has been happy since. So that's good!

Cant wait to get my new light. I've been running my black box led's with just blue on. Every time I turn on the whites my sand turns a rusty brown color. I'm use to these light causing and algae bloom from previous tanks both saltwater and freshwater. Even with the white on the lowest setting. So big Hope's for the noopsyche light.
Turn the whites down to just comfortable to your eyes. Too much blue from those black boxes can be ugly at times, too much white causes algae.

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my lights have the turn switches for whites and blues. With the white switch just turned to on but all the way down is BRIGHT! So its gona stay off till the new light gets here

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well my lights have the turn switches for whites and blues. With the white switch just turned to on but all the way down is BRIGHT! So its gona stay off till the new light gets here
Some of the lower end black boxes have basically 1-15% is 15%, 16-30% is 30%, etc.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We used craft paint for the back. It's easily removed if you want to change the color ever.
We painted the back of our 40B with Rustoleum Satin Black

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my light. Started to play around with it a lil just to make sure it worked. (Box was wet).

Anyways some of you know I bought the light without the controller for now. I will be purchasing it most likely this week. I've played around with the setting to see what could be done with just the light. And as of right now I feel like the light is completely useless. Theres options to save your setting but doesn't seem to hold those settings. I will be connecting it to my reefkeeper controller tomorrow just to see if I can gain any type of setting there. But right now I feel like the light shouldn't be sold without the controller.

Well that's my thoughts for now.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got my light. Started to play around with it a lil just to make sure it worked. (Box was wet).

Anyways some of you know I bought the light without the controller for now. I will be purchasing it most likely this week. I've played around with the setting to see what could be done with just the light. And as of right now I feel like the light is completely useless. Theres options to save your setting but doesn't seem to hold those settings. I will be connecting it to my reefkeeper controller tomorrow just to see if I can gain any type of setting there. But right now I feel like the light shouldn't be sold without the controller.

Well that's my thoughts for now.
If you set the lights with the button instead of the controller and put it on a timer I'm not sure if it saves the settings. There's no way to program on/off or ramping without the controller as far as I'm aware. What part of the country are you in? I've got 3 controllers.

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Ohio.

I will play around with the settings more today. But so far it doesn't save even just being plugged in alone. Theres also no timer to have the light come on at a specific time so it's either on all the time or just off. That's why I feel like it shouldn't be sold without the controller. Not realy sure why it even an option to buy just the light. But we will see what I can get it to do today.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well let me know! It looks like it'll be under $10 to ship and I have at least 1 extra.

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to do a write up on the noopsyche k7 v3 use without the controller but it seems the light is useless without it.
I've hooked it up to my reefkeeper controller but as stated before the settings dont save. This light alone is a save your settings and turn the light on yourself everyday. In a hobby where stability is key, who's gona manually turn the light on at the same time every day? Not me lol.

The light its self seems realy nice and the brightness is amazing! I just feel the controller should be included with no option to buy the light without it.

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got home from work and my Duncan doesn't look happy so I ran sum tests
Looks like my phosphate is zero out
Calcium is 380
Nitrate is 10
Ph is 8.2
Kh is 8 or 143.2 however you read that thing

No ammonia
No nitrite

Didnt test my mag

Any ideas how to raise my phosphate before I start searching the dark web?
Calcium I can raise.
Last time I ran a reef tank was the days when everything needed to be "zero" couldnt do it then lol

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They sell commercial products for Phosphates. Most people say to feed a little more but be careful because it could raise nitrates as well. Do you use any coral feeds?

OP
OP
xcountryx

xcountryx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still dont have any fish since the goby died so I dont feed any fish food and only feed the clam phyto twice a week.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Try some Reef Roids or just add a few flakes each day. Phosphates tend to come from the foods we feed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back